NETHERLANDS: Gucci Sets Sights On Stella McCartney
McCartney, head designer at Chloe, has been credited with reviving the flagging brand with her young and progressive designs, which have attracted a large and admiring audience. Chloe however, continues to focus on its core business of jewellery and watches - a rumoured source of conflict with Ms McCartney.
Gucci, unperturbed by its continuing battle with LVMH, is building its fashion offering, with recent acquisitions including controlling stakes in Alexander McQueen, British designer of the year, and Bottega Veneta. McCartney is a close friend of Tom Ford, Gucci's head designer.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- US Q1 in brief – Steve Madden, Skechers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts