NETHERLANDS: Gucci To Make $1bn Bid For Valentino
Rumours of Gucci's interest in HdP-owned Valentino are gathering force with newspapers claiming that Gucci boss Domenico de Sole is in talks with the Italian luxury goods group. De Sole is expected to bid $1bn (£680m) for the upmarket label. Sources said that HdP, which has denied that it is planning to sell Valentino, wants to concentrate its resources on the newly-rejuvenated Fila sports fashion brand. Fila has recently emerged as a genuine competitor to the European market leaders, Nike and adidas.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack