NETHERLANDS: Gucci To Make $1bn Bid For Valentino
Rumours of Gucci's interest in HdP-owned Valentino are gathering force with newspapers claiming that Gucci boss Domenico de Sole is in talks with the Italian luxury goods group. De Sole is expected to bid $1bn (£680m) for the upmarket label. Sources said that HdP, which has denied that it is planning to sell Valentino, wants to concentrate its resources on the newly-rejuvenated Fila sports fashion brand. Fila has recently emerged as a genuine competitor to the European market leaders, Nike and adidas.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report