NETHERLANDS: Gucci To Make $1bn Bid For Valentino
Rumours of Gucci's interest in HdP-owned Valentino are gathering force with newspapers claiming that Gucci boss Domenico de Sole is in talks with the Italian luxury goods group. De Sole is expected to bid $1bn (£680m) for the upmarket label. Sources said that HdP, which has denied that it is planning to sell Valentino, wants to concentrate its resources on the newly-rejuvenated Fila sports fashion brand. Fila has recently emerged as a genuine competitor to the European market leaders, Nike and adidas.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022