USA: Guess? August Retail Sales Increase By 35.8 Per Cent
Guess?, Inc (NYSE:GES) today reported total August retail sales of $35.4m for the four week period ended September 2, 2000, an increase of 35.8 per cent over sales of $26.1m for the comparable four week period ended August 28, 1999. The August periods include retail sales of Guess Canada of $2.6m for 2000 and $1.0m for 1999. During August, comparable store sales, excluding Guess Canada, increased 4.9 per cent, which was against an 18.2 per cent comparable sales increase in August 1999. The company's full priced retail stores generated a 6.7 per cent comparable store sales increase, while the factory outlet stores comparable store sales increased by 1.8 per cent. Guess?, Inc designs, markets, distributes and licenses one of the world's leading lifestyle collections of contemporary apparel, accessories and related consumer products.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report