USA: Guess? August Retail Sales Increase By 35.8 Per Cent
Guess?, Inc (NYSE:GES) today reported total August retail sales of $35.4m for the four week period ended September 2, 2000, an increase of 35.8 per cent over sales of $26.1m for the comparable four week period ended August 28, 1999. The August periods include retail sales of Guess Canada of $2.6m for 2000 and $1.0m for 1999. During August, comparable store sales, excluding Guess Canada, increased 4.9 per cent, which was against an 18.2 per cent comparable sales increase in August 1999. The company's full priced retail stores generated a 6.7 per cent comparable store sales increase, while the factory outlet stores comparable store sales increased by 1.8 per cent. Guess?, Inc designs, markets, distributes and licenses one of the world's leading lifestyle collections of contemporary apparel, accessories and related consumer products.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- US Q4 in brief – Chico's FAS, TJX Companies
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- $136m funding for Made in NY garment-making hub
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar