USA: Guess? August Retail Sales Increase By 35.8 Per Cent
Guess?, Inc (NYSE:GES) today reported total August retail sales of $35.4m for the four week period ended September 2, 2000, an increase of 35.8 per cent over sales of $26.1m for the comparable four week period ended August 28, 1999. The August periods include retail sales of Guess Canada of $2.6m for 2000 and $1.0m for 1999. During August, comparable store sales, excluding Guess Canada, increased 4.9 per cent, which was against an 18.2 per cent comparable sales increase in August 1999. The company's full priced retail stores generated a 6.7 per cent comparable store sales increase, while the factory outlet stores comparable store sales increased by 1.8 per cent. Guess?, Inc designs, markets, distributes and licenses one of the world's leading lifestyle collections of contemporary apparel, accessories and related consumer products.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores