USA: Guess? August Retail Sales Increase By 35.8 Per Cent
Guess?, Inc (NYSE:GES) today reported total August retail sales of $35.4m for the four week period ended September 2, 2000, an increase of 35.8 per cent over sales of $26.1m for the comparable four week period ended August 28, 1999. The August periods include retail sales of Guess Canada of $2.6m for 2000 and $1.0m for 1999. During August, comparable store sales, excluding Guess Canada, increased 4.9 per cent, which was against an 18.2 per cent comparable sales increase in August 1999. The company's full priced retail stores generated a 6.7 per cent comparable store sales increase, while the factory outlet stores comparable store sales increased by 1.8 per cent. Guess?, Inc designs, markets, distributes and licenses one of the world's leading lifestyle collections of contemporary apparel, accessories and related consumer products.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Sustainable fashion app to help shopping decisions
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective