US: Guess deploys Tradecard platform in Europe
Guess first began using TradeCard in 2007 to facilitate transactions with trading partners in the US and Asia.
"TradeCard provides a system of record for the supply chain, delivering visibility and process automation that benefit Guess and our trading partners," said Mike Relich, CIO of Guess Inc.
"All processes from purchase order through settlement occur in one place. This eliminates errors, confusion and paper intensive processes. Some of our European suppliers were asking us to move onto TradeCard to make their lives easier."
The deployment will help Guess Europe eliminate the need for letters of credit and provide an automated environment for communicating with suppliers and trading partners on orders and settlements.
Guess Inc will also benefit from clear visibility into the status of orders, while suppliers have visibility to know when and how they will be paid.
Omni-channel services may be delivering, but they can be complex. The goal is delivering a seamless omni-channel experience for apparel buying consumers and if the tech doesn't work, the sales aren't ...
How retailers deal with the omni-channel challenge varies greatly, as do opinions on how to integrate strategies for online, mobile and physical transactions....
What else is likely to be topping the apparel industry's software agenda this year? Using technology to help mitigate risk in the supply chain, automating data capture, and greater collaboration and i...
Where should apparel firms be focusing their software investments now if they want to remain competitive into the future? According to industry experts consulted by just-style, technology agendas shou...
Faced with a raft of challenges across the apparel supply chain, how can software help tackle the key issues? Tools that connect all trading partners, streamline the end-to-end process, and give indus...
Social and environmental compliance are the main issues facing today's apparel supply chains, according to industry experts consulted by just-style. The continued shift towards faster and faster fashi...
Despite seeing its first quarter earnings more than halve, fashion retailer Guess Inc says the results were better-than-expected after rising sales in Asia helped offset a slowdown in the US and Europ...
Deckers Outdoor Corp, the maker of Ugg boots and Teva sandals, is to deploy the GT Nexus cloud-based platform to enhance collaboration and end-to-end visibility across its supply chain....
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- PSF 2014: Ten sustainability takeaways
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- Workers strike at Adidas supplier shoe factory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects