USA: Guess ?, Inc. Reports April Retail Sales Increase 42.2%
Guess ?, Inc. (NYSE:GES) today reported total April retail sales of $33.9 million for the five week period ended May 6, 2000, an increase of 42.2% over sales of $23.8 million for the comparable five week period ended May 2, 1999. The current April period included retail sales of Guess Canada of $2.5 million. During April, comparable store sales, excluding Guess Canada, increased 13.4%, which was against a very strong 31.2% comparable sales increase in April 1999. The Company's full priced retail stores generated a 14.7% comparable store sales increase while the factory outlet stores recorded a 10.6% comparable store sales growth. As of May 6, 2000, the Company had unfilled wholesale orders to department and specialty store customers, consisting primarily of orders for seasonal fashion apparel of $158.9 million, a 74% increase from a year ago. Paul Marciano, Co-Chairman and Co-Chief Executive Officer of Guess ?, Inc., commented, "We are very pleased with our April 2000 retail sales and wholesale booking rates which reflect the continuing strength of our brand and product. We also remain comfortable with security analysts' current earnings estimates for the second quarter and the balance of 2000." Guess ?, Inc. designs, markets, distributes and licenses one of the world's leading lifestyle collections of casual apparel, accessories and related consumer products. Except for historical information contained herein, certain matters discussed in this press release are forward-looking statements that are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements involve risks and uncertainties which may cause the Company's actual results in future periods or plans for future periods to differ materially from what is currently anticipated. Those risks include those matters detailed from time to time in the company's SEC reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective