USA: Guess ?, Inc Reports July Retail Sales Increase of 48.6 Per Cent
Guess ?, Inc (NYSE:GES) today reported total July retail sales of $38.7m for the five week period ended August 5, 2000, an increase of 48.6 per cent over sales of $26m for the comparable five week period ended July 31, 1999. The current July period included retail sales of Guess Canada of $2.8m. During July, comparable store sales, excluding Guess Canada, increased 11.8 per cent, which was against a 18.5 per cent comparable sales increase in July 1999. The company's full priced retail stores generated a 16.9 per cent comparable store sales increase while the factory outlet stores recorded a 2.6 per cent comparable store sales increase. Guess ?, Inc designs, markets, distributes and licenses a leading lifestyle collection of contemporary apparel, accessories and related consumer products.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar