USA: Guess ?, Inc Reports July Retail Sales Increase of 48.6 Per Cent
Guess ?, Inc (NYSE:GES) today reported total July retail sales of $38.7m for the five week period ended August 5, 2000, an increase of 48.6 per cent over sales of $26m for the comparable five week period ended July 31, 1999. The current July period included retail sales of Guess Canada of $2.8m. During July, comparable store sales, excluding Guess Canada, increased 11.8 per cent, which was against a 18.5 per cent comparable sales increase in July 1999. The company's full priced retail stores generated a 16.9 per cent comparable store sales increase while the factory outlet stores recorded a 2.6 per cent comparable store sales increase. Guess ?, Inc designs, markets, distributes and licenses a leading lifestyle collection of contemporary apparel, accessories and related consumer products.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands