USA: Guess ?, Inc Reports July Retail Sales Increase of 48.6 Per Cent
Guess ?, Inc (NYSE:GES) today reported total July retail sales of $38.7m for the five week period ended August 5, 2000, an increase of 48.6 per cent over sales of $26m for the comparable five week period ended July 31, 1999. The current July period included retail sales of Guess Canada of $2.8m. During July, comparable store sales, excluding Guess Canada, increased 11.8 per cent, which was against a 18.5 per cent comparable sales increase in July 1999. The company's full priced retail stores generated a 16.9 per cent comparable store sales increase while the factory outlet stores recorded a 2.6 per cent comparable store sales increase. Guess ?, Inc designs, markets, distributes and licenses a leading lifestyle collection of contemporary apparel, accessories and related consumer products.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Carter's, Kohl's, L Brands
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022