USA: Guess ?, Inc. Reports May Retail Sales Increase 36.8%
Guess ?, Inc. (NYSE:GES) today reported total May retail sales of $25.8 million for the four week period ended June 3, 2000, an increase of 36.8% over sales of $18.9 million for the comparable four week period ended May 30, 1999. The current May period included retail sales of Guess Canada of $1.8 million. During May, comparable store sales, excluding Guess Canada, increased 9.0%, which was against a very strong 29.4% comparable sales increase in May 1999. The Company's full priced retail stores generated an 11.2% comparable store sales increase while the factory outlet stores recorded a 4.3% comparable store sales growth. As of June 3, 2000, the Company had unfilled wholesale orders from department and specialty store customers of $152.0 million, a 71% increase from a year ago. Paul Marciano, Co-Chairman and Co-Chief Executive Officer of Guess ?, Inc., commented, "We are pleased with our May 2000 retail sales and wholesale booking rates which reflect the on-going strength of our business. Also, we continue to remain comfortable with security analysts' earnings estimates for the second quarter and the balance of 2000." Guess ?, Inc. designs, markets, distributes and licenses one of the world's leading lifestyle collections of casual apparel, accessories and related consumer products. Except for historical information contained herein, certain matters discussed in this press release are forward-looking statements that are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements involve risks and uncertainties which may cause the Company's actual results in future periods or plans for future periods to differ materially from what is currently anticipated. Those risks include those matters detailed from time to time in the company's SEC reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack