USA: Guess?, Inc Reports November Retail Sales Increase
GUESS?, Inc (NYSE: GES ) has today reported increased retail sales of 16.5 per cent from $31.7m for the four week period ending December 4 1999 to $37m for the four week period ending December 2 2000. Comparable store sales during November decreased 2.8 per cent, which was against a very strong 30.2 per cent comparable sales increase in November 1999. Comparable store sales in the company's full priced retail stores decreased 4.3 per cent, while the factory outlet stores posted a modest comparable sales increase of 0.6 per cent.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022