US: Guess? Q1 profit up 55% on international expansion
- Q1 profit up 55% to US$50.3m
- Revenue up 22% to $539.3m
- International expansion drives growth alongside US comps rise
Fashion company Guess? posted a 55% increase in first quarter net profit to US$50.3m, bolstered by a 9.7% North America comps increase and a 32% increase in revenues from Europe and Asia.
“We managed our business effectively, which resulted in an operating margin expansion of 230 basis points, even as we continued to invest in our infrastructure to support our ambitious growth initiatives,” said CEO Paul Marciano.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- US Q4 in brief – Macy's, Walmart, VF Corp
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar