USA: Guess? Q4 Earnings Rise To $11.8m
The Los Angeles-based company also recorded total net revenue of $199.3m for the three-month period, an increase of 19.1 per cent over fourth quarter 2002.
According to COO Carlos Alberini, the improved quarterly results constituted an "excellent performance" for Guess?.
"Results were driven by higher sales and a significant gross margin increase in the period coupled with continued cost control," he said.
"Our retail segment generated the greatest gains, with operating income up by $15.4m, or 160.4 per cent, a testament to the leverage of our retail business model and its significant opportunity for growth."
Alberini said the company would build on its "strong business momentum" and improved balance sheet in 2004.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022