USA: Guess? Reports Q1 Loss Of $3.6 Million
Apparel designer and retailer Guess? Inc today reported a first quarter loss of $3.6 million compared to $2.1 million in the same period last year, citing a "continued difficult retail environment," that impacted on its wholesale business. Maurice Marciano, co-chairman and co-chief executive officer, said: "Our performance benefited from our ongoing cost reduction efforts, which resulted in a 6.8 per cent decrease in selling, general and administrative expenses during the quarter, as well as improved margins in our retail business, where careful inventory management has contributed to more regular-price sales.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar