USA: Guess? Reports Q1 Loss Of $3.6 Million
Apparel designer and retailer Guess? Inc today reported a first quarter loss of $3.6 million compared to $2.1 million in the same period last year, citing a "continued difficult retail environment," that impacted on its wholesale business. Maurice Marciano, co-chairman and co-chief executive officer, said: "Our performance benefited from our ongoing cost reduction efforts, which resulted in a 6.8 per cent decrease in selling, general and administrative expenses during the quarter, as well as improved margins in our retail business, where careful inventory management has contributed to more regular-price sales.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack