USA: Guess ? Reports Sales Increase of 25.6 Per Cent
Guess ? Inc. (NYSE:GES) today reported total September retail sales of $29.3m for the four week period ended September 30, 2000, an increase of 25.6 per cent over sales of $23.3m for the comparable four week period ended September 25, 1999. During September, comparable store sales decreased 3.1 per cent, which was against a very strong 28.7 per cent comparable sales increase in September 1999. The company's full priced retail stores comparable sales decreased 3.1 per cent, while the factory outlet stores comparable store sales declined 2.9 per cent. Total retail sales for the third quarter ended September 30, 2000 increased 34.8 per cent to $103.4m compared to $77.6m for the third quarter of 1999. Comparable store sales increased 4.8 per cent for the third quarter of 2000 compared to a 21.3 per cent increase a year ago. Total retail sales for the first nine months of 2000 were $265.7m, an increase of 35.7 per cent over sales of $195.8m for the first nine months of 1999. Comparable store sales increased 10.9 per cent for the first nine months of 2000 compared to a 26.4 per cent increase in the same period a year ago.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective