USA: Guess ? Reports Sales Increase of 25.6 Per Cent
Guess ? Inc. (NYSE:GES) today reported total September retail sales of $29.3m for the four week period ended September 30, 2000, an increase of 25.6 per cent over sales of $23.3m for the comparable four week period ended September 25, 1999. During September, comparable store sales decreased 3.1 per cent, which was against a very strong 28.7 per cent comparable sales increase in September 1999. The company's full priced retail stores comparable sales decreased 3.1 per cent, while the factory outlet stores comparable store sales declined 2.9 per cent. Total retail sales for the third quarter ended September 30, 2000 increased 34.8 per cent to $103.4m compared to $77.6m for the third quarter of 1999. Comparable store sales increased 4.8 per cent for the third quarter of 2000 compared to a 21.3 per cent increase a year ago. Total retail sales for the first nine months of 2000 were $265.7m, an increase of 35.7 per cent over sales of $195.8m for the first nine months of 1999. Comparable store sales increased 10.9 per cent for the first nine months of 2000 compared to a 26.4 per cent increase in the same period a year ago.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts