USA: Guess ? Reports Sales Increase of 25.6 Per Cent
Guess ? Inc. (NYSE:GES) today reported total September retail sales of $29.3m for the four week period ended September 30, 2000, an increase of 25.6 per cent over sales of $23.3m for the comparable four week period ended September 25, 1999. During September, comparable store sales decreased 3.1 per cent, which was against a very strong 28.7 per cent comparable sales increase in September 1999. The company's full priced retail stores comparable sales decreased 3.1 per cent, while the factory outlet stores comparable store sales declined 2.9 per cent. Total retail sales for the third quarter ended September 30, 2000 increased 34.8 per cent to $103.4m compared to $77.6m for the third quarter of 1999. Comparable store sales increased 4.8 per cent for the third quarter of 2000 compared to a 21.3 per cent increase a year ago. Total retail sales for the first nine months of 2000 were $265.7m, an increase of 35.7 per cent over sales of $195.8m for the first nine months of 1999. Comparable store sales increased 10.9 per cent for the first nine months of 2000 compared to a 26.4 per cent increase in the same period a year ago.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020