USA: Guilford Mills' Chairman "Chuck" Hayes Dies
Staff at troubled textile giant Guilford Mills were in mourning today after the sudden death of chairman Charles Albert "Chuck" Hayes.
The 68-year-old had been with the North Carolina-based company for more than 40 years and was formerly its CEO. He was also a recent president of the Washington DC-based industry lobby group the American Textile Manufacturers Institute.
Reports say he died in South Carolina on Sunday.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar