UK: GUS To Acquire Jungle.com
GUS made a move into a new market today with its announcement of the purchase of jungle.com, the computer software, peripherals and entertainment e-tailer, for £37m. Around £12m of the sum includes repayment of debt.The new acquisition will fall under the Argos umbrella, with jungle.com chief executive, Steve Bennett, reporting to Terry Duddy, chief executive of the Argos Retail Group.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores