UK: GUS To Demerge Burberry On 13 December
Retail and business services group GUS said it plans to demerge its remaining 65 per cent stake in luxury company Burberry on 13 December.
Subject to GUS and Burberry shareholder approval, this will be achieved by way of a dividend in specie and a consolidation of GUS shares.
GUS chairman Sir Victor Blank said: "The demerger of our remaining stake in Burberry is another major step in focusing GUS on fewer activities.
"Distributing our stake to existing GUS shareholders will enable them to participate directly in the exciting growth opportunities we see at Burberry."
Burberry designs, manufactures and distributes Burberry products worldwide, as well as licensing its name to third parties.
The company reported earlier this week that president and chief operating officer Brian Blake is to quit the company, following chief executive Rose Marie Bravo's resignation.
Burberry also reported a dip in first-half earnings but said it remains "cautiously optimistic" for future trading.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
We're now in an age in which "brand is king" says Stacy Baker, author of a new report on the state of the apparel branding industry. That said, what does the concept of a good branding strategy mean t...
For the past 20 years Wal-Mart has redefined the way most retailers and manufacturers across channels and categories have done business. Every apparel company has been affected thanks to the retail gi...
Luxury goods label Burberry has given its backing to supermodel Kate Moss, who has been brandished a disgrace for her drug habit....
Luxury UK goods company Burberry has threatened to take legal action against a company selling clothing for ferrets in check fabric similar to its own....
Luxury goods company Burberry Group Plc has reported a 1.2 per cent drop in first-half sales, dragged down by a fall in wholesale revenue....
Upmarket fashion label Burberry Group has named a new chief executive to replace Rose Marie Bravo, who is to quit the role next July....
Luxury goods company Burberry's chief executive, Rose Marie Bravo, is to quit her position with the company when it demerges from majority shareholder GUS, according to media reports....
Burberry and Chanel have become the latest companies to drop Kate Moss amid lurid stories about her personal life and photographs allegedly showing the model snorting cocaine....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020