USA: Gymboree Enjoys Jump In Same-Store Sales
Children's apparel chain Gymboree Corp on Thursday revealed a five per cent climb in same-store sales for May compared to a 39 per cent climb in the year prior but warned it expects same-store sales to be flat in June. The California-based company said in a statement that it expects same-store sales to rise in the low single digits for the second quarter. It also reaffirmed it expects a second-quarter loss of 9-11 cents a share, a third-quarter profit of 13-15 cents a share, and a fourth-quarter profit of 38-40 cents a share.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth