US: Gymboree names Levi Strauss exec as new COO
Maher will take up her new position on 15 July
Maher, who will take up her new role next month, most recently served as president of global retail and executive vice president at Levi Strauss & Co.
She has also held leadership roles in merchandising, planning and allocation, real estate, and online at the San Francisco-based jeans company.
Gymboree earlier this month reported a 33% decline in first-quarter profit to US$2.8m after sales dipped 1.7% and comparable store sales fell 5%.
Levis Strauss France faces a difficult time in its development in France, as in addition to growing production costs, there is Increasing competition from retailers positioned in the economy segment, ...
Waterless dyes, textiles that clean themselves and new 3D printing filaments: the only thing missing this year was spray on clothing....
Over the forecast period, Jay Gee Melwani is expected to continue to enhance the brand equity and recognition of its line of brands. Levi Strauss is expected to innovate and create more collections of...
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company rebranding; company restructuring; corporate social responsibility (CSR); fi...
Lucky Brand Jeans has appointed former Guess executive Carlos Alberini as its chief executive officer....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate so...
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- M&S to launch supply chain human rights policy
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- VF pushes ahead on chemicals management
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- China cotton stockpile auction may shake up market
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- US retail landscape "mediocre" over next 5 years
- C&A to add "accurate fit" label to garments