US: Gymboree names Levi Strauss exec as new COO
Maher will take up her new position on 15 July
Maher, who will take up her new role next month, most recently served as president of global retail and executive vice president at Levi Strauss & Co.
She has also held leadership roles in merchandising, planning and allocation, real estate, and online at the San Francisco-based jeans company.
Gymboree earlier this month reported a 33% decline in first-quarter profit to US$2.8m after sales dipped 1.7% and comparable store sales fell 5%.
Waterless dyes, textiles that clean themselves and new 3D printing filaments: the only thing missing this year was spray on clothing....
Lucky Brand Jeans has appointed former Guess executive Carlos Alberini as its chief executive officer....
The Higg Index sustainability measurement tool for the apparel supply chain has been updated with a new web interface and social impact modules, improved environmental content - and for the first time...
Apparel giant Fifth & Pacific Companies has agreed to sell its Lucky Brand Jeans business to an affiliate of private equity firm Leonard Green & Partners, for US$225m, to focus on its popular Kate Spa...
A fire that gutted two buildings at one of the largest garment manufacturers in Bangladesh has been blamed on an arson attack - with apparel makers urging the government to catch the culprits within a...
- Why have US FTA imports fallen to a record low?
- Hanesbrands sourcing to cut Pacific Brands costs
- Collaboration key to the future of smart textiles
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Synergies Worldwide CEO unravels sourcing shifts
- Li & Fung divests Asia distribution business
- US looks to boost trade with Sri Lanka
- US Q1 in brief: Wolverine Worldwide, Weyco
- Vietnam textile sector calls for strategy update
- Lindex planning supplier sustainability scorecard