US: Gymboree reports Q4 loss in challenging year
- Q4 net loss US$169.8m, up from $5.4m
- Net sales fall 11.7% to $351m
- Comparable store sales down 9%
Retailer The Gymboree Corporation posted a fourth quarter net loss of nearly US$170m, with revenues, comparable store sales and gross profit margins all down.
The US company said its gross profit margin in the three months to 1 February was 35.5%, down from 36.4% a year earlier, giving a full-year net loss of $206.4m, up from $10.4m.
Full-year net sales were down 3.1% to $1.24bn, while comps fell 6%, it added.
“The fourth quarter marked an end to a challenging year for the company, and clearly we are disappointed with our performance,” said Mark Breitbard, Gymboree CEO.
“We remain focused on four key areas to improve the long-term performance of the business: solidifying our team, delivering compelling product, improving inventory management and upgrading our infrastructure.”
The company expects full-year adjusted EBITDA to be flat in fiscal 2014.
US children's apparel retailer Gymboree Corporation said it is pleased with the progress it made in the fourth quarter as it reduced its net losses and booked increases in both sales and gross margins...
Couture kids: Consumers will continue to spend on children's clothing, especially on high-end brands...
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis