US: Gymboree reports Q4 loss in challenging year
- Q4 net loss US$169.8m, up from $5.4m
- Net sales fall 11.7% to $351m
- Comparable store sales down 9%
Retailer The Gymboree Corporation posted a fourth quarter net loss of nearly US$170m, with revenues, comparable store sales and gross profit margins all down.
The US company said its gross profit margin in the three months to 1 February was 35.5%, down from 36.4% a year earlier, giving a full-year net loss of $206.4m, up from $10.4m.
Full-year net sales were down 3.1% to $1.24bn, while comps fell 6%, it added.
“The fourth quarter marked an end to a challenging year for the company, and clearly we are disappointed with our performance,” said Mark Breitbard, Gymboree CEO.
“We remain focused on four key areas to improve the long-term performance of the business: solidifying our team, delivering compelling product, improving inventory management and upgrading our infrastructure.”
The company expects full-year adjusted EBITDA to be flat in fiscal 2014.
US children's apparel retailer Gymboree Corporation said it is pleased with the progress it made in the fourth quarter as it reduced its net losses and booked increases in both sales and gross margins...
Introduction Childrenswear in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2009-13, and ......
Introduction Childrenswear in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to......
Couture kids: Consumers will continue to spend on children's clothing, especially on high-end brands...
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- Sears looks to lift apparel via sourcing changes
- Clothing and sports chains in activewear battle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- Practical Price Negotiation