US: Gymboree reports Q4 loss in challenging year
- Q4 net loss US$169.8m, up from $5.4m
- Net sales fall 11.7% to $351m
- Comparable store sales down 9%
Retailer The Gymboree Corporation posted a fourth quarter net loss of nearly US$170m, with revenues, comparable store sales and gross profit margins all down.
The US company said its gross profit margin in the three months to 1 February was 35.5%, down from 36.4% a year earlier, giving a full-year net loss of $206.4m, up from $10.4m.
Full-year net sales were down 3.1% to $1.24bn, while comps fell 6%, it added.
“The fourth quarter marked an end to a challenging year for the company, and clearly we are disappointed with our performance,” said Mark Breitbard, Gymboree CEO.
“We remain focused on four key areas to improve the long-term performance of the business: solidifying our team, delivering compelling product, improving inventory management and upgrading our infrastructure.”
The company expects full-year adjusted EBITDA to be flat in fiscal 2014.
US children's apparel retailer Gymboree Corporation has widened its net loss in the third quarter, but the company says it is making progress with sales up nearly 23%....
Introduction Childrenswear in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2009-13, and ......
Fast Retailing group executive director Nancy Pedot has stepped down after less than a year in the role to pursue career opportunities outside of the Japanese retailer....
Introduction Childrenswear in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to......
Couture kids: Consumers will continue to spend on children's clothing, especially on high-end brands...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Children's Wear market to grow at a CAGR of 5.36 percent over the period 2013-2018. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increasing...
Abstract About Children’s and Infant Wear Children's wear refers to clothing for children aged between 0 months to 10 years. It includes apparel such as outerwear, underwear, nightwear, socks and t...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Children's Wear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear. The report provides separate compre...
- Bangladesh: Raising the bar on apparel exports?
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- Bangladesh: The business benefits of compliance
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- Lululemon confident of turning an important corner
- Bangladesh factory improvements “will take years”
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- Tommy Hilfiger launches solar-powered jacket
- Bangladesh knitting worker killed by faulty lift
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie