US: Gymboree slips to Q1 loss
- Q1 net loss US$2.8m, versus $4.2m profit
- Net sales down 1.7% to US$292.8m
- Comps down 5%
Retail business The Gymboree Corporation slipped to a first quarter net loss after sales dipped 1.7% and comparable store sales fell 5%.
Gross profit increased to 41.3% in the three months to 4 May from 40.9% in last year’s first quarter, the company said.
The owner of the Gymboree retail chain now expects its full-year adjusted EBITDA to be up “modestly” on last year, with comparable store sales flat to slightly positive.
Japanese retailer Fast Retailing has appointed Nancy Pedot as chief executive of the company's Comptoir des Cotonniers and Princesse tam.tam brands, and group executive officer....
Higher sales and improved margins helped children's apparel retailer the Gymboree Corporation to narrower losses during the second quarter....
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- US cotton production set to decline
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details