US: Gymboree slips to Q1 loss
- Q1 net loss US$2.8m, versus $4.2m profit
- Net sales down 1.7% to US$292.8m
- Comps down 5%
Retail business The Gymboree Corporation slipped to a first quarter net loss after sales dipped 1.7% and comparable store sales fell 5%.
Gross profit increased to 41.3% in the three months to 4 May from 40.9% in last year’s first quarter, the company said.
The owner of the Gymboree retail chain now expects its full-year adjusted EBITDA to be up “modestly” on last year, with comparable store sales flat to slightly positive.
Japanese retailer Fast Retailing has appointed Nancy Pedot as chief executive of the company's Comptoir des Cotonniers and Princesse tam.tam brands, and group executive officer....
Higher sales and improved margins helped children's apparel retailer the Gymboree Corporation to narrower losses during the second quarter....
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Global supply chain trends at Sourcing at MAGIC
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Nike and Apollo create supply chain partnership
- US Q2 in brief - The Buckle, Stein Mart
- Li & Fung joins FTA in sustainable sourcing pledge
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- THE GAP, INC.: Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis