US: Gymboree slips to Q1 loss
- Q1 net loss US$2.8m, versus $4.2m profit
- Net sales down 1.7% to US$292.8m
- Comps down 5%
Retail business The Gymboree Corporation slipped to a first quarter net loss after sales dipped 1.7% and comparable store sales fell 5%.
Gross profit increased to 41.3% in the three months to 4 May from 40.9% in last year’s first quarter, the company said.
The owner of the Gymboree retail chain now expects its full-year adjusted EBITDA to be up “modestly” on last year, with comparable store sales flat to slightly positive.
Japanese retailer Fast Retailing has appointed Nancy Pedot as chief executive of the company's Comptoir des Cotonniers and Princesse tam.tam brands, and group executive officer....
Higher sales and improved margins helped children's apparel retailer the Gymboree Corporation to narrower losses during the second quarter....
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in August
- Common themes unite Inditex and H&M supply chains
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- Vietnam releases new textile dye regulations
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry