US: Gymboree taps Gap North America president as CEO
US children's wear retailer Gymboree has named Gap North America president Mark Breitbard as its new CEO.
He will join the company on 14 January, taking over from Kip Garcia. Garcia will resume his former duties as president, while interim COO Yvonne Hao will continue to work closely with the Gymboree management team as she returns to her role as an operating partner at Bain Capital.
Breitbard, who has also served as executive vice president of GapKids and babyGap, has also worked as president of Levi's US retail and held senior roles at Abercrombie & Fitch, Banana Republic and Old Navy.
UK department store retailer John Lewis has appointed Paula Nickolds as its new buying and brand director, succeeding Peter Ruis, who has been named CEO of clothing chain Jigsaw....
Children's apparel retailer The Gymboree Corporation has appointed Levi Strauss & Co executive Joelle Maher as the company's new chief operating officer....
The Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals (ZDHC) Group has launched version two of its Joint Roadmap, aimed at attaining a "new standard of environmental performance for the global apparel and footwea...
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc posted a 7% increase in May comparable store sales after customers responded positively to summer products across its brands....
Retail business The Gymboree Corporation slipped to a first quarter net loss after sales dipped 1.7% and comparable store sales fell 5%....
Fashion retailer Gap is making new forays into Paraguay, Hungary and Mexico with its Gap and Banana Republic brands....
Denim giant Levi Strauss & Co has introduced its lower-priced Denizen jeans line to Canada as part of ongoing expansion efforts. ...
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- Asian union development and the Western response
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- Eliminating risk tops sustainability agenda
- US upgrade paves way for Malaysia in TPP
- Euratex raises rules of origin issues in TPP talks
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects