US: Gymboree taps Gap North America president as CEO
US children's wear retailer Gymboree has named Gap North America president Mark Breitbard as its new CEO.
He will join the company on 14 January, taking over from Kip Garcia. Garcia will resume his former duties as president, while interim COO Yvonne Hao will continue to work closely with the Gymboree management team as she returns to her role as an operating partner at Bain Capital.
Breitbard, who has also served as executive vice president of GapKids and babyGap, has also worked as president of Levi's US retail and held senior roles at Abercrombie & Fitch, Banana Republic and Old Navy.
UK department store retailer John Lewis has appointed Paula Nickolds as its new buying and brand director, succeeding Peter Ruis, who has been named CEO of clothing chain Jigsaw....
Children's apparel retailer The Gymboree Corporation has appointed Levi Strauss & Co executive Joelle Maher as the company's new chief operating officer....
The Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals (ZDHC) Group has launched version two of its Joint Roadmap, aimed at attaining a "new standard of environmental performance for the global apparel and footwea...
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc posted a 7% increase in May comparable store sales after customers responded positively to summer products across its brands....
Retail business The Gymboree Corporation slipped to a first quarter net loss after sales dipped 1.7% and comparable store sales fell 5%....
Fashion retailer Gap is making new forays into Paraguay, Hungary and Mexico with its Gap and Banana Republic brands....
Denim giant Levi Strauss & Co has introduced its lower-priced Denizen jeans line to Canada as part of ongoing expansion efforts. ...
- Bangladesh: Raising the bar on apparel exports?
- Bangladesh: The business benefits of compliance
- Lululemon confident of turning an important corner
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- Bangladesh falls deeper as US apparel imports grow
- Bangladesh factory improvements “will take years”
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- Tommy Hilfiger launches solar-powered jacket
- Bangladesh knitting worker killed by faulty lift
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie