US: Gymboree taps Gap North America president as CEO
US children's wear retailer Gymboree has named Gap North America president Mark Breitbard as its new CEO.
He will join the company on 14 January, taking over from Kip Garcia. Garcia will resume his former duties as president, while interim COO Yvonne Hao will continue to work closely with the Gymboree management team as she returns to her role as an operating partner at Bain Capital.
Breitbard, who has also served as executive vice president of GapKids and babyGap, has also worked as president of Levi's US retail and held senior roles at Abercrombie & Fitch, Banana Republic and Old Navy.
UK department store retailer John Lewis has appointed Paula Nickolds as its new buying and brand director, succeeding Peter Ruis, who has been named CEO of clothing chain Jigsaw....
Children's apparel retailer The Gymboree Corporation has appointed Levi Strauss & Co executive Joelle Maher as the company's new chief operating officer....
The Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals (ZDHC) Group has launched version two of its Joint Roadmap, aimed at attaining a "new standard of environmental performance for the global apparel and footwea...
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc posted a 7% increase in May comparable store sales after customers responded positively to summer products across its brands....
Retail business The Gymboree Corporation slipped to a first quarter net loss after sales dipped 1.7% and comparable store sales fell 5%....
Fashion retailer Gap is making new forays into Paraguay, Hungary and Mexico with its Gap and Banana Republic brands....
Denim giant Levi Strauss & Co has introduced its lower-priced Denizen jeans line to Canada as part of ongoing expansion efforts. ...
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- Who has pledged to ban the use of angora?
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Syrian refugee children found in Turkish factories
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Key Bangladesh safety issues still not fixed
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024