US: Gymboree taps Gap North America president as CEO
US children's wear retailer Gymboree has named Gap North America president Mark Breitbard as its new CEO.
He will join the company on 14 January, taking over from Kip Garcia. Garcia will resume his former duties as president, while interim COO Yvonne Hao will continue to work closely with the Gymboree management team as she returns to her role as an operating partner at Bain Capital.
Breitbard, who has also served as executive vice president of GapKids and babyGap, has also worked as president of Levi's US retail and held senior roles at Abercrombie & Fitch, Banana Republic and Old Navy.
UK department store retailer John Lewis has appointed Paula Nickolds as its new buying and brand director, succeeding Peter Ruis, who has been named CEO of clothing chain Jigsaw....
Children's apparel retailer The Gymboree Corporation has appointed Levi Strauss & Co executive Joelle Maher as the company's new chief operating officer....
The Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals (ZDHC) Group has launched version two of its Joint Roadmap, aimed at attaining a "new standard of environmental performance for the global apparel and footwea...
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc posted a 7% increase in May comparable store sales after customers responded positively to summer products across its brands....
Retail business The Gymboree Corporation slipped to a first quarter net loss after sales dipped 1.7% and comparable store sales fell 5%....
Fashion retailer Gap is making new forays into Paraguay, Hungary and Mexico with its Gap and Banana Republic brands....
Denim giant Levi Strauss & Co has introduced its lower-priced Denizen jeans line to Canada as part of ongoing expansion efforts. ...
- New Gap CEO set to tackle “aesthetic issue”
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- Falling euro adds to Bangladesh production woes
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Myanmar Code of Conduct a first step in compliance
- M&S Asia head quits as China stores to close
- Abercrombie & Fitch reports “dismal” FY
- Gap names new design head amid mixed Q4
- Pay rise mulled for Sri Lanka garment workers
- US labour concerns at Honduras apparel makers
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019