US: Gymboree to open 50 stores despite wider Q1 loss
- Q1 loss of $15m versus $2.8m
- Sales down 7.1% to $272m
- Plans to open 50 stores and close 25-30
US children's apparel retailer The Gymboree Corporation plans to open 50 new stores in fiscal 2014, despite posting a wider year-on-year first-quarter loss.
The company's net loss amounted to US$15m during the 13 weeks to 3 May, compared to a loss of $2.8m in the same period last year.
Sales dropped 7.1% to $272m from $292.8m in the prior year, and comparable store sales, including online stores, declined 10%.
Gross margin fell to 39.8% from 41.3% a year ago.
The 50 new stores expected to open this year will be distributed fairly evenly across the brands, Gymboree said, but added that it will close 25-30 stores.
For the full year, the company expects adjusted EBITDA to be flat, and estimates spending around $35-40m for capital expenditures.
Introduction Childrenswear in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2009-13, and ......
US children's apparel retailer Gymboree Corporation said it is pleased with the progress it made in the fourth quarter as it reduced its net losses and booked increases in both sales and gross margins...
Introduction Childrenswear in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to......
Couture kids: Consumers will continue to spend on children's clothing, especially on high-end brands...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Children's Wear market to grow at a CAGR of 5.36 percent over the period 2013-2018. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increasing...
Abstract About Children’s and Infant Wear Children's wear refers to clothing for children aged between 0 months to 10 years. It includes apparel such as outerwear, underwear, nightwear, socks and t...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Children's Wear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear. The report provides separate compre...
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- H&M faces margin pressure on dollar impact
- Can technology shape a sustainable fashion future?
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- Talks progressing on Myanmar minimum wage
- Fast Retailing supplier continues strike talks
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- Hugo Boss in talks over supplier labour claims
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: The EU - May 2015
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015