US: Gymboree to open 50 stores despite wider Q1 loss
- Q1 loss of $15m versus $2.8m
- Sales down 7.1% to $272m
- Plans to open 50 stores and close 25-30
US children's apparel retailer The Gymboree Corporation plans to open 50 new stores in fiscal 2014, despite posting a wider year-on-year first-quarter loss.
The company's net loss amounted to US$15m during the 13 weeks to 3 May, compared to a loss of $2.8m in the same period last year.
Sales dropped 7.1% to $272m from $292.8m in the prior year, and comparable store sales, including online stores, declined 10%.
Gross margin fell to 39.8% from 41.3% a year ago.
The 50 new stores expected to open this year will be distributed fairly evenly across the brands, Gymboree said, but added that it will close 25-30 stores.
For the full year, the company expects adjusted EBITDA to be flat, and estimates spending around $35-40m for capital expenditures.
Introduction Childrenswear in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2009-13, and ......
US children's apparel retailer Gymboree Corporation said it is pleased with the progress it made in the fourth quarter as it reduced its net losses and booked increases in both sales and gross margins...
Introduction Childrenswear in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to......
- The difference between compliance and safety?
- How M&S plans to revamp its clothing business
- Central America must make better use of DR-CAFTA
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- Is China really going through a slump?
- US Q1 in brief – Guess, Burlington Stores, Sears
- Gap accused of rights violations in supply chain
- BHS supplier Courtaulds Brands in administration
- Nike management changes to drive innovation
- H&M, Inditex and Nike rated supply chain leaders
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Victoria's Secret Stores, Inc.: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Apparel Accessories in Hong Kong, China
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)
- Practical Price Negotiation for Apparel Sourcing Professionals