US: Gymboree to open 50 stores despite wider Q1 loss
- Q1 loss of $15m versus $2.8m
- Sales down 7.1% to $272m
- Plans to open 50 stores and close 25-30
US children's apparel retailer The Gymboree Corporation plans to open 50 new stores in fiscal 2014, despite posting a wider year-on-year first-quarter loss.
The company's net loss amounted to US$15m during the 13 weeks to 3 May, compared to a loss of $2.8m in the same period last year.
Sales dropped 7.1% to $272m from $292.8m in the prior year, and comparable store sales, including online stores, declined 10%.
Gross margin fell to 39.8% from 41.3% a year ago.
The 50 new stores expected to open this year will be distributed fairly evenly across the brands, Gymboree said, but added that it will close 25-30 stores.
For the full year, the company expects adjusted EBITDA to be flat, and estimates spending around $35-40m for capital expenditures.
Introduction Childrenswear in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2009-13, and ......
US children's apparel retailer Gymboree Corporation said it is pleased with the progress it made in the fourth quarter as it reduced its net losses and booked increases in both sales and gross margins...
Introduction Childrenswear in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to......
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Retailers warned of high volatility in Brexit wake
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Online fabric platform to "revolutionise" buying
- Alliance cuts ties with three more factories
- Uniqlo said to be scaling back US expansion
- Better Work Vietnam launches labour law mobile app
- UK must act with urgency to cut Brexit uncertainty
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts