US: Gymboree to open 50 stores despite wider Q1 loss
- Q1 loss of $15m versus $2.8m
- Sales down 7.1% to $272m
- Plans to open 50 stores and close 25-30
US children's apparel retailer The Gymboree Corporation plans to open 50 new stores in fiscal 2014, despite posting a wider year-on-year first-quarter loss.
The company's net loss amounted to US$15m during the 13 weeks to 3 May, compared to a loss of $2.8m in the same period last year.
Sales dropped 7.1% to $272m from $292.8m in the prior year, and comparable store sales, including online stores, declined 10%.
Gross margin fell to 39.8% from 41.3% a year ago.
The 50 new stores expected to open this year will be distributed fairly evenly across the brands, Gymboree said, but added that it will close 25-30 stores.
For the full year, the company expects adjusted EBITDA to be flat, and estimates spending around $35-40m for capital expenditures.
Introduction Childrenswear in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2009-13, and ......
US children's apparel retailer Gymboree Corporation said it is pleased with the progress it made in the fourth quarter as it reduced its net losses and booked increases in both sales and gross margins...
Introduction Childrenswear in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to......
Couture kids: Consumers will continue to spend on children's clothing, especially on high-end brands...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Children's Wear market to grow at a CAGR of 5.36 percent over the period 2013-2018. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increasing...
Abstract About Children’s and Infant Wear Children's wear refers to clothing for children aged between 0 months to 10 years. It includes apparel such as outerwear, underwear, nightwear, socks and t...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Children's Wear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear. The report provides separate compre...
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Nicaragua apparel and shoe firms to double in size
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- H&M scaling up living wage effort to key suppliers
- US Q2 in brief: G-III, Shoe Carnival, J Crew
- Myanmar approves first minimum wage
- EU clothing buyers should brace for higher prices
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020