USA: Gymnastics Body Fumes Over A&F T-Shirt
USA Gymnastics' president Bob Colarossi has criticised trendy clothing company Abercrombie and Fitch for making T-shirts mocking gymnasts.
Colarossi has asked the company to stop producing the T-shirt, which features the words "L is for Loser" next to a picture of a gymnast.
The sport's governing body has also asked its members to boycott the store until the company withdraws the top.
In a letter to Michael Jeffries, chief executive officer of Abercrombie & Fitch, Colarossi said: "Athletics as a whole, and gymnastics in particular, provides a great foundation in physical fitness and offers skills for a lifetime.
"USA Gymnastics feels that A&F has promoted this latest product in hopes of generating public outcry, attention, and media exposure for their brand."
Abercrombie was slated in August for producing two T-shirts poking fun at both Kentucky and West Virginia in the US.
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- World cotton price prospects lifted again