US: Haggar appoints Anzovino as VP of sourcing
Men's wear manufacturer Haggar Clothing Co has appointed Tony Anzovino as vice president of sourcing as it positions itself for further growth.
Anzovino has experience in apparel manufacturing, sourcing and technical development with multiple brands including Abercrombie & Fitch, Urban Outfitters and most recently, JC Penney's private label division.
"Tony brings a remarkable level of talent and capability to a critically strategic area at a time when Haggar is poised for unprecedented growth," said Haggar Clothing president Tim Lyons.
The clothing manufacturer has also named William Davenport chief financial officer to drive sales growth and market share gains. Prior to joining Haggar, Davenport worked at upscale department store retailer Neiman Marcus.
Last month, Haggar promoted Nancy Dowling as vice president of merchandising and design in another move aimed at driving growth.
From toxic T-shirts to virtual fitting rooms, defamatory garments and compostable shoes, the clothing and textiles industry in 2012 was anything but dull....
Faced with continuing challenging trading conditions in 2012, retailers responded with a number of different strategies to try to grow their businesses. International expansion, new and larger format ...
US fashion retailer Urban Outfitters has booked a 17% increase in fourth-quarter sales on the back of new store growth and improved merchandise....
Apparel business Hampshire Group has appointed board member Paul Buxbaum as its new chief executive officer, replacing Heath Golden who has resigned....
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- American Apparel exits bankruptcy
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- Practical Price Negotiation