US: Haggar appoints Anzovino as VP of sourcing
Men's wear manufacturer Haggar Clothing Co has appointed Tony Anzovino as vice president of sourcing as it positions itself for further growth.
Anzovino has experience in apparel manufacturing, sourcing and technical development with multiple brands including Abercrombie & Fitch, Urban Outfitters and most recently, JC Penney's private label division.
"Tony brings a remarkable level of talent and capability to a critically strategic area at a time when Haggar is poised for unprecedented growth," said Haggar Clothing president Tim Lyons.
The clothing manufacturer has also named William Davenport chief financial officer to drive sales growth and market share gains. Prior to joining Haggar, Davenport worked at upscale department store retailer Neiman Marcus.
Last month, Haggar promoted Nancy Dowling as vice president of merchandising and design in another move aimed at driving growth.
From toxic T-shirts to virtual fitting rooms, defamatory garments and compostable shoes, the clothing and textiles industry in 2012 was anything but dull....
Faced with continuing challenging trading conditions in 2012, retailers responded with a number of different strategies to try to grow their businesses. International expansion, new and larger format ...
US fashion retailer Urban Outfitters has booked a 17% increase in fourth-quarter sales on the back of new store growth and improved merchandise....
Apparel business Hampshire Group has appointed board member Paul Buxbaum as its new chief executive officer, replacing Heath Golden who has resigned....
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- EU trade ministers push on TTIP and Canada pacts
- What does the future hold for world wool supply?
- Unravelling cotton's supply and demand challenges
- US retailers urge action on Hanjin Shipping crisis
- Zara launches eco-friendly Join Life collection
- Adidas unveils first Speedfactory running shoe
- Bangladesh calls for US duty-free apparel access
- Ascena Retail disappoints amid challenging year
- Too Many Standards
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Ralph Lauren Corporation : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras