US: Haggar appoints Anzovino as VP of sourcing
Men's wear manufacturer Haggar Clothing Co has appointed Tony Anzovino as vice president of sourcing as it positions itself for further growth.
Anzovino has experience in apparel manufacturing, sourcing and technical development with multiple brands including Abercrombie & Fitch, Urban Outfitters and most recently, JC Penney's private label division.
"Tony brings a remarkable level of talent and capability to a critically strategic area at a time when Haggar is poised for unprecedented growth," said Haggar Clothing president Tim Lyons.
The clothing manufacturer has also named William Davenport chief financial officer to drive sales growth and market share gains. Prior to joining Haggar, Davenport worked at upscale department store retailer Neiman Marcus.
Last month, Haggar promoted Nancy Dowling as vice president of merchandising and design in another move aimed at driving growth.
From toxic T-shirts to virtual fitting rooms, defamatory garments and compostable shoes, the clothing and textiles industry in 2012 was anything but dull....
Faced with continuing challenging trading conditions in 2012, retailers responded with a number of different strategies to try to grow their businesses. International expansion, new and larger format ...
US fashion retailer Urban Outfitters has booked a 17% increase in fourth-quarter sales on the back of new store growth and improved merchandise....
Apparel business Hampshire Group has appointed board member Paul Buxbaum as its new chief executive officer, replacing Heath Golden who has resigned....
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Who has signed the Bangladesh safety accord?
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam