US: Haggar khaki line recycles 14m plastic bottles
Men's wear maker Haggar Clothing Co has calculated that 14m plastic bottles recycled into its LK Life Khaki eco-line in the first year since its launch.
The casual trousers collection is made with a blend of cotton and Repreve fibres from Unifi, which contain recycled materials. Each pair contains the equivalent of seven recycled plastic bottles.
"With the LK Life Khaki line, we set out with the intent of reaching a younger consumer by way of new products that fit his lifestyle with the added benefit of being eco-friendly," said Michael Stitt, CEO of Haggar.
"Not only did we get his attention, but also a larger share of his closet, which is reflective of the significant growth trend that we are experiencing within this brand."
Yarn business Unifi has seen third quarter net profit drop on falling sales, an extension of its holiday shut down in the period, and charges relating to early debt repayments. ...
American menswear company Haggar Clothing Co has calculated that over 80m post-consumer plastic bottles have been upcycled through its eco-friendly E-CLO apparel line, which includes the LK Life Khaki...
Three US textile trade groups are set to merge into one industry trade association, which will bring most of the US textile industry under one voice in Washington policy circles....
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Global supply chain trends at Sourcing at MAGIC
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Nike and Apollo create supply chain partnership
- US Q2 in brief - The Buckle, Stein Mart
- Li & Fung joins FTA in sustainable sourcing pledge
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- THE GAP, INC.: Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis