US: Haggar khaki line recycles 14m plastic bottles
Men's wear maker Haggar Clothing Co has calculated that 14m plastic bottles recycled into its LK Life Khaki eco-line in the first year since its launch.
The casual trousers collection is made with a blend of cotton and Repreve fibres from Unifi, which contain recycled materials. Each pair contains the equivalent of seven recycled plastic bottles.
"With the LK Life Khaki line, we set out with the intent of reaching a younger consumer by way of new products that fit his lifestyle with the added benefit of being eco-friendly," said Michael Stitt, CEO of Haggar.
"Not only did we get his attention, but also a larger share of his closet, which is reflective of the significant growth trend that we are experiencing within this brand."
Yarn business Unifi has seen third quarter net profit drop on falling sales, an extension of its holiday shut down in the period, and charges relating to early debt repayments. ...
American menswear company Haggar Clothing Co has calculated that over 80m post-consumer plastic bottles have been upcycled through its eco-friendly E-CLO apparel line, which includes the LK Life Khaki...
Three US textile trade groups are set to merge into one industry trade association, which will bring most of the US textile industry under one voice in Washington policy circles....
- The current state of play in world garment exports
- Fung Capital helps PLM firm expand into Asia
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Diversification a key focus for Under Armour
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges"
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Arrests made at US REI/North Face protests
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report