US: Haggar khaki line recycles 14m plastic bottles
Men's wear maker Haggar Clothing Co has calculated that 14m plastic bottles recycled into its LK Life Khaki eco-line in the first year since its launch.
The casual trousers collection is made with a blend of cotton and Repreve fibres from Unifi, which contain recycled materials. Each pair contains the equivalent of seven recycled plastic bottles.
"With the LK Life Khaki line, we set out with the intent of reaching a younger consumer by way of new products that fit his lifestyle with the added benefit of being eco-friendly," said Michael Stitt, CEO of Haggar.
"Not only did we get his attention, but also a larger share of his closet, which is reflective of the significant growth trend that we are experiencing within this brand."
Yarn business Unifi has seen third quarter net profit drop on falling sales, an extension of its holiday shut down in the period, and charges relating to early debt repayments. ...
American menswear company Haggar Clothing Co has calculated that over 80m post-consumer plastic bottles have been upcycled through its eco-friendly E-CLO apparel line, which includes the LK Life Khaki...
Three US textile trade groups are set to merge into one industry trade association, which will bring most of the US textile industry under one voice in Washington policy circles....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Change management key to PLM project success
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- Accord still struggling to engage industry bodies
- Wal-Mart US chief resignation little surprise
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change