US: Haggar khaki line recycles 14m plastic bottles
Men's wear maker Haggar Clothing Co has calculated that 14m plastic bottles recycled into its LK Life Khaki eco-line in the first year since its launch.
The casual trousers collection is made with a blend of cotton and Repreve fibres from Unifi, which contain recycled materials. Each pair contains the equivalent of seven recycled plastic bottles.
"With the LK Life Khaki line, we set out with the intent of reaching a younger consumer by way of new products that fit his lifestyle with the added benefit of being eco-friendly," said Michael Stitt, CEO of Haggar.
"Not only did we get his attention, but also a larger share of his closet, which is reflective of the significant growth trend that we are experiencing within this brand."
Yarn business Unifi has seen third quarter net profit drop on falling sales, an extension of its holiday shut down in the period, and charges relating to early debt repayments. ...
American menswear company Haggar Clothing Co has calculated that over 80m post-consumer plastic bottles have been upcycled through its eco-friendly E-CLO apparel line, which includes the LK Life Khaki...
Three US textile trade groups are set to merge into one industry trade association, which will bring most of the US textile industry under one voice in Washington policy circles....
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details