USA: Haggar Posts Q3 Income, Sales Increases
Men's and ladies' wear marketer Haggar Corp has reported third-quarter sales and income increases as it continues efforts to boost the quality and cost of its goods.
For the third quarter of 2005, Haggar reported net sales of $119.5 million compared to net sales of $116.3m in the same period last year. Net income for the period totalled $4.8m compared to $1.7m a year ago.
Haggar said that the 2.7 per cent net sales rise was mainly related to an increase in the men's wholesale business, and an increase in retail sales due to strong same-store sales and the addition of new stores.
Frank Bracken, president and chief operating officer, said: "We have successfully completed the closure of our two company-operated manufacturing facilities in Mexico and the Dominican Republic during the quarter.
"This will allow us to continue to focus on reducing our costs in both the Eastern and Western Hemispheres."
Haggar Clothing Co, a wholly owned subsidiary of Haggar Corp, is a leading marketer of men's casual and dress apparel and women's sportswear, in the US, Canada, Mexico, and the UK.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Haggar Clothing Co has hired Tad Parnell as vice president, director of sales for JCPenney....
A one-day conference that explores the importance of developing a sound brand strategy that responds to changing consumer needs and preferences is taking place on 19 January 2006 at the Fashion Instit...
Casual and dress apparel company Haggar has named Joseph Harris as the company's senior vice president of global sourcing and product development....
Apparel and sportswear marketer Haggar Corp has named Jim Lewis as the company's new chief executive officer....
Clothing marketer Haggar Corp is to be bought by Infinity Associates LLC, Perseus LLC and Symphony Holdings Limited for approximately $212 million....
Men's and women's apparel marketer Haggar Clothing Co is planning to implement Jesta IS's Vision Merchandising Solution in its retail subsidiary....
Clothing marketer Haggar Corp said second-quarter net sales fell to $120.8 million from $132.0m a year ago, mainly due to a weak performance of the Forever New brand and sluggish sales of seasonal spo...
Shares in Haggar Corp yesterday rose almost 20 per cent after a published report said the apparel maker is considering a sale....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- US Q3 in brief - Under Armour, VF Corp, Skechers
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020