UK: Hainsworth unveils corporate revamp
Historic textile mill Hainsworth is investing more than GBP1m (US$1.6m) in a wholesale restructuring of the 229-year-old business.
Three divisions have been created – Design, Performance and Protection – under managing director Tom Hainsworth and sales and marketing director Diane Simpson.
Hainsworth, best known for its work supplying military uniforms, has recruited Colin Whittaker as its business manager for performance and protection, while Michael Booth joins as business manager for design.
Adam Hainsworth takes up the new post of finance director, with Rachel Hainsworth becoming quality director and Graham Hutton continuing as manufacturing director.
Meanwhile, Rachel Hainsworth’s son, Robert Taylor, joins on a year-long induction, marking the eighth generation of the family to enter the business.
Hainsworth’s IT has been “significantly upgraded”, the company said, and about GBP400,000 has been invested in improving machinery at the mill in Pudsey, near Leeds.
“The new-look Hainsworth is the culmination of more than a year’s planning and implementation, and creates a business which we believe is well-placed to make the most of our opportunities in the UK and globally,” said Tom Hainsworth.
As well as military uniforms, Hainsworth supplies protective wear for the emergency services, snooker and pool cloth for the leisure sector, and has recently launched its first consumer lifestyle brand, Scarlet & Argent.
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015