UK: Hainsworth unveils corporate revamp
Historic textile mill Hainsworth is investing more than GBP1m (US$1.6m) in a wholesale restructuring of the 229-year-old business.
Three divisions have been created – Design, Performance and Protection – under managing director Tom Hainsworth and sales and marketing director Diane Simpson.
Hainsworth, best known for its work supplying military uniforms, has recruited Colin Whittaker as its business manager for performance and protection, while Michael Booth joins as business manager for design.
Adam Hainsworth takes up the new post of finance director, with Rachel Hainsworth becoming quality director and Graham Hutton continuing as manufacturing director.
Meanwhile, Rachel Hainsworth’s son, Robert Taylor, joins on a year-long induction, marking the eighth generation of the family to enter the business.
Hainsworth’s IT has been “significantly upgraded”, the company said, and about GBP400,000 has been invested in improving machinery at the mill in Pudsey, near Leeds.
“The new-look Hainsworth is the culmination of more than a year’s planning and implementation, and creates a business which we believe is well-placed to make the most of our opportunities in the UK and globally,” said Tom Hainsworth.
As well as military uniforms, Hainsworth supplies protective wear for the emergency services, snooker and pool cloth for the leisure sector, and has recently launched its first consumer lifestyle brand, Scarlet & Argent.
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- Abercrombie & Fitch to lose logos in fashion focus
- Hanesbrands axes Costa Rican jobs in Vietnam move
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Apparel fuels global manufacturing downturn
- VF taps Nike exec to lead innovation centres
- Bagir to invest in Ethiopia as H1 loss deepens
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details