UK: Hainsworth unveils corporate revamp
Historic textile mill Hainsworth is investing more than GBP1m (US$1.6m) in a wholesale restructuring of the 229-year-old business.
Three divisions have been created – Design, Performance and Protection – under managing director Tom Hainsworth and sales and marketing director Diane Simpson.
Hainsworth, best known for its work supplying military uniforms, has recruited Colin Whittaker as its business manager for performance and protection, while Michael Booth joins as business manager for design.
Adam Hainsworth takes up the new post of finance director, with Rachel Hainsworth becoming quality director and Graham Hutton continuing as manufacturing director.
Meanwhile, Rachel Hainsworth’s son, Robert Taylor, joins on a year-long induction, marking the eighth generation of the family to enter the business.
Hainsworth’s IT has been “significantly upgraded”, the company said, and about GBP400,000 has been invested in improving machinery at the mill in Pudsey, near Leeds.
“The new-look Hainsworth is the culmination of more than a year’s planning and implementation, and creates a business which we believe is well-placed to make the most of our opportunities in the UK and globally,” said Tom Hainsworth.
As well as military uniforms, Hainsworth supplies protective wear for the emergency services, snooker and pool cloth for the leisure sector, and has recently launched its first consumer lifestyle brand, Scarlet & Argent.
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- New fibre and fabric innovations for outdoor wear
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- US West Coast port contract reached
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide