US: Half of shoppers yet to start their holiday spending
Some 41% of holiday shoppers have not started buying for Christmas
Half of all US holiday shoppers have yet to begin spending, new research suggests, giving retailers time to get customers spending in their stores.
Some 41% of holiday shoppers have not started buying for Christmas, according to a survey by market research firms NPD Group and CivicScience.
Only 15% of consumers have completed their shopping, with 39% startedimmediately after Black Friday. The survey revealed 21% of shoppers resumed or will resume shopping one to three weeks later. However, 18% said they will not do any holiday shopping this year.
"The positive news is with the majority of consumers still on the search for that perfect holiday gift, there is still plenty of gas left in the tank to fuel a strong holiday," said NPD Group chief industry analyst Marshal Cohen.
- Myanmar - right time, right place, new challenges
- 3D printing gears up for fashion industry change
- Apparel working conditions linked to profit
- Cutting pollution saves China textile mills money
- Adidas worker hotline bridges communication gap
- China cotton imports to rise as Xinjiang cuts crop
- Crystal first China licensee of RevoLaze tech
- Thailand project to vertically integrate clothing
- Dick's Sporting Goods updates on strategy
- Cambodia growth to slow on competition and cost