US: Hampshire and Levi Strauss in global sourcing deal
Fashion apparel maker Hampshire Group has signed a global sourcing deal with jeans giant Levi Strauss.
The agreement will see Hampshire supply knit shirts, woven shirts and sweaters to Levi's global Dockers business from autumn next year. Hampshire will also provide technical design and sourcing services in support of the brand's global strategy.
The deal extends Hampshire's relationship with Dockers beyond North America, making Hampshire the exclusive supplier of all tops for the brand worldwide.
"We are extremely excited and proud to be able to deepen our relationship with the Dockers brand on a global basis," said Hampshire CEO Paul Buxbaum. "Sharing the same vision and blending our complementary skill sets have made for a successful partnership that we now look to extend around the globe. The additional volume associated with this new international agreement will leverage Hampshire's existing production and sourcing platform."
The deal builds on a relationship already forged between the two companies, which saw the extension of a licensing agreement with Levi Strauss for Dockers in May.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Inspection, testing and certification company SCS Global Services (SCS) has been approved by the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC) to complete independent verifications of apparel and footwear manuf...
American Eagle Outfitters has settled an investigation through the US International Trade Commission (ITC) over patent infringement regarding certain laser abraded denim garments....
Italian fashion giant Benetton has become the latest company to join a ban on angora wool, pledging to boycott the fibre from all its collections sold in around 6,000 stores worldwide....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Kohl's, L Brands
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022