US: Hampshire Group appoints Stec as brands president
Hampshire Group has appointed Robert Stec as president of Hampshire Brands, where he will oversee the US apparel company's licensed men's wear brands including Panama Jack and Dockers, as well as its private label lines.
Stec joins the company from Passport Brands where he was CEO. His background also includes nearly a decade with VF Corp, where he oversaw brands including Wrangler, Jansport, and Marithé + François Girbaud.
"We are very pleased to welcome Bob to Hampshire," said CEO Heath Golden. "As a seasoned retail executive, he has extensive expertise in brand positioning, product development and marketing with a strong track record of driving successful business results.
"We expect Bob will be a key asset as we build on our strategy of becoming a vertically integrated sportswear manufacturer and marketer and I look forward to working together with him to enhance and expand our brand relationships."
The company also named Mitchell Smiles as executive vice president of sales, mass and club, while Susan Firavanti has been promoted to senior vice president of global sourcing.
Smiles has more than 30 years of apparel industry involvement with sales experience in the mass market and wholesale club channels. Prior to joining Hampshire Group as a consultant in 2010, he was president of Otto International's US operations.
Firavanti has been director of imports since joining the company in 2010. She has more than 25 years of experience in the apparel sourcing business, and was previously vice president of global sourcing at Bernette Textiles.
Apparel business Hampshire Group has appointed board member Paul Buxbaum as its new chief executive officer, replacing Heath Golden who has resigned....
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has received a rival bid for the brand from VF Corp and private equity firm Altamont Capital Partners, which matches an offer from US boss Paul Naude and Sycamore P...
Singapore-based apparel company Ocean Sky is set to be acquired by Luen Thai Holdings for US$55m. ...
US women's wear retailer Bebe Stores has named Steve Birkhold as CEO, effective immediately....
Children's wear maker Carter's Inc is strengthening its leadership team with the appointment of a new president, a head of international operations, and a retail operations boss....
A group of buyers representing some 20 global brands and retailers is this week visiting Bangladesh as part of a wider regional tour to explore sourcing alternatives to China....
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Alliance brands "staying the course" in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Amazon Prime Day a big win for apparel
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Bangladesh denied US GSP re-entry on worker rights
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis