US: Hampshire Group signs Gramicci licensing deal
Fashion apparel maker Hampshire Group has entered into a licensing deal with California-based hiking and climbing-inspired brand Gramicci.
The three year agreement provides Hampshire with licensing rights to design, develop and produce Gramicci brand men's and women's apparel, which is sold in retailers and through its e-commerce website. Gramicci is owned by Hampshire CEO Paul Buxbaum.
"Gramicci is an excellent new addition to Hampshire's portfolio," said David Price, Hampshire's COO. "The brand is well known among outdoor enthusiasts and advances our strategy of diversifying our product offering, distribution channels and customer base.
"We expect both gross and operating margins generated by the Gramicci business to exceed the brand's historical levels as its profitability benefits from operating leverage on Hampshire's infrastructure and sourcing expertise."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Apparel maker Hampshire Group has terminated its license agreement with Sole Asset Holdings to design, develop and produce apparel under the Gramicci brand....
Apparel maker Hampshire Group is to sell its Honduras-based manufacturer Rio Garment to a group led by the unit's existing management, in a move that will provide "significant liquidity" into the US f...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report