NETHERLANDS: Han Bekke to become new chairman at Modint
Modint, the Dutch trade association for fashion, interior design, carpets and textiles, plans to promote its current director general HJA (Han) Bekke to the position of chairman at its annual meeting in March.
Bekke, who is also secretary general of the International Apparel Federation (IAF), will replace Alphons Schouten, who is leaving the association after 17 years.
The organisation's deputy manager Patric Hanselman will move into the director general's role.
"In the current, difficult trading conditions and adverse circumstances, [Bekke's] accumulated knowledge and extensive networks are of significant added value, which will be secured by the organisation thanks to the proposed appointment", Schouten said.
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- US Q2 in brief - Carter's, Wolverine Worldwide
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Southeast Asia & Central America strategic sourcing reviews package deal
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis