NETHERLANDS: Han Bekke to become new chairman at Modint
Modint, the Dutch trade association for fashion, interior design, carpets and textiles, plans to promote its current director general HJA (Han) Bekke to the position of chairman at its annual meeting in March.
Bekke, who is also secretary general of the International Apparel Federation (IAF), will replace Alphons Schouten, who is leaving the association after 17 years.
The organisation's deputy manager Patric Hanselman will move into the director general's role.
"In the current, difficult trading conditions and adverse circumstances, [Bekke's] accumulated knowledge and extensive networks are of significant added value, which will be secured by the organisation thanks to the proposed appointment", Schouten said.
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam