NETHERLANDS: Han Bekke to become new chairman at Modint
Modint, the Dutch trade association for fashion, interior design, carpets and textiles, plans to promote its current director general HJA (Han) Bekke to the position of chairman at its annual meeting in March.
Bekke, who is also secretary general of the International Apparel Federation (IAF), will replace Alphons Schouten, who is leaving the association after 17 years.
The organisation's deputy manager Patric Hanselman will move into the director general's role.
"In the current, difficult trading conditions and adverse circumstances, [Bekke's] accumulated knowledge and extensive networks are of significant added value, which will be secured by the organisation thanks to the proposed appointment", Schouten said.
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Alliance and Accord urged to harmonise efforts
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details