NETHERLANDS: Han Bekke to become new chairman at Modint
Modint, the Dutch trade association for fashion, interior design, carpets and textiles, plans to promote its current director general HJA (Han) Bekke to the position of chairman at its annual meeting in March.
Bekke, who is also secretary general of the International Apparel Federation (IAF), will replace Alphons Schouten, who is leaving the association after 17 years.
The organisation's deputy manager Patric Hanselman will move into the director general's role.
"In the current, difficult trading conditions and adverse circumstances, [Bekke's] accumulated knowledge and extensive networks are of significant added value, which will be secured by the organisation thanks to the proposed appointment", Schouten said.
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy