NETHERLANDS: Han Bekke to become new chairman at Modint
Modint, the Dutch trade association for fashion, interior design, carpets and textiles, plans to promote its current director general HJA (Han) Bekke to the position of chairman at its annual meeting in March.
Bekke, who is also secretary general of the International Apparel Federation (IAF), will replace Alphons Schouten, who is leaving the association after 17 years.
The organisation's deputy manager Patric Hanselman will move into the director general's role.
"In the current, difficult trading conditions and adverse circumstances, [Bekke's] accumulated knowledge and extensive networks are of significant added value, which will be secured by the organisation thanks to the proposed appointment", Schouten said.
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- Adidas and Timberland commit to responsible down
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024