US: Hanesbrands FY profit leaps after Maidenform buy
- FY net profit up 101% to US$330.5m
- Q4 net profit down 60% to $32.3m on charges
- FY net sales up 2% to $4.63bn
The US company’s fourth quarter profit was impacted by $80m of charges associated with the acquisition, but sales for the three months to 28 December were up 12%, with Maidenform supplying 9% of that growth.
Hanesbrands said lower cotton costs and the benefits of its Innovate-to-Elevate programme had improved its profitability.
As a result, the company increased its guidance for fiscal 2014, predicting net sales of close to $5.1bn and adjusted earnings per diluted share of $4.60-4.80.
Describing the performance as “outstanding”, Hanesbrands chairman and CEO Rich Noll said: “We are raising our 2014 earnings guidance because we are increasingly confident that the momentum of our Innovate-to-Elevate strategy will deliver even better results.
“The combination of our brand power, low-cost supply chain and innovation platforms is generating value and growth opportunities.”
Hanesbrands’ Innerwear segment posted sales up 20% for the quarter and 5% for the year, boosted by a “significant” contribution from Maidenform.
Activewear – previously known as Outerwear – recorded sales up 1% in the fourth quarter and full-year, but international operating profits were impacted by currency, rising 1% in the quarter but flat for the year.
Hanesbrands said its direct-to-consumer sales rose 14% in the fourth quarter, and 2% in the full year.
US apparel maker Hanesbrands is gearing up to integrate newly-acquired DBApparel into its business using its its Innovate-to-Elevate platform and low-cost global supply chain as a lever for growth....
Hanesbrands Inc. (HBI) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by Glob...
Hanesbrands will continue to focus on its long-held strategy of providing high-volume basics to a majority of US households. It generally maintains core styles year-to-year, with minor adjustments, an...
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The prof...
Former Maidenform CEO Maurice Reznik is to join lingerie, sleepwear and sock manufacturer Delta Galil Industries as CEO of women's intimate apparel for the US and UK, and president of its US segment....
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Outlook 2015: What keeps you awake at night?
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- Fashion brands facing strong dollar “headwind”
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- C&A to boost opportunities for women in India
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead