US: Hanesbrands FY profit leaps after Maidenform buy
- FY net profit up 101% to US$330.5m
- Q4 net profit down 60% to $32.3m on charges
- FY net sales up 2% to $4.63bn
The US company’s fourth quarter profit was impacted by $80m of charges associated with the acquisition, but sales for the three months to 28 December were up 12%, with Maidenform supplying 9% of that growth.
Hanesbrands said lower cotton costs and the benefits of its Innovate-to-Elevate programme had improved its profitability.
As a result, the company increased its guidance for fiscal 2014, predicting net sales of close to $5.1bn and adjusted earnings per diluted share of $4.60-4.80.
Describing the performance as “outstanding”, Hanesbrands chairman and CEO Rich Noll said: “We are raising our 2014 earnings guidance because we are increasingly confident that the momentum of our Innovate-to-Elevate strategy will deliver even better results.
“The combination of our brand power, low-cost supply chain and innovation platforms is generating value and growth opportunities.”
Hanesbrands’ Innerwear segment posted sales up 20% for the quarter and 5% for the year, boosted by a “significant” contribution from Maidenform.
Activewear – previously known as Outerwear – recorded sales up 1% in the fourth quarter and full-year, but international operating profits were impacted by currency, rising 1% in the quarter but flat for the year.
Hanesbrands said its direct-to-consumer sales rose 14% in the fourth quarter, and 2% in the full year.
US apparel maker Hanesbrands is gearing up to integrate newly-acquired DBApparel into its business using its its Innovate-to-Elevate platform and low-cost global supply chain as a lever for growth....
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The prof...
Global Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile...
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018...
Former Maidenform CEO Maurice Reznik is to join lingerie, sleepwear and sock manufacturer Delta Galil Industries as CEO of women's intimate apparel for the US and UK, and president of its US segment....
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- Who has pledged to ban the use of angora?
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Syrian refugee children found in Turkish factories
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Key Bangladesh safety issues still not fixed
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024