US: Hanesbrands promotes Evans to COO
Gerald Evans will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the business
T-shirt and underwear manufacturer Hanesbrands has promoted Gerald Evans to the position of chief operating officer.
Evans, currently co-chief operating officer, will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the business with direct oversight of all global commercial and supply chain operations.
He will take up his position on 1 August. Evans has held leadership positions in marketing, sales, and general management since joining Hanesbrands in 1983.
Each of the company's commercial business segments and its global supply chain will report to Evans, including co-chief operating officer William Nictakis, who has become chief commercial officer of international businesses and global retailers.
Basic apparel manufacturer Hanesbrands and yarn maker Unifi have agreed to extend a yarn purchase deal to March 2014....
Apparel group Hanesbrands posted a double-digit third quarter profit increase, boosted by fatter margins and improved market share....
Customer satisfaction with athletic footwear and apparel manufacturers, including Skechers and Levi Strauss, remains high, new research suggests....
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- World cotton price prospects lifted again