US: Hanesbrands raises guidance as Q2 earnings climb
- Q2 earnings up 27.1%
- Gross margin improves 160 bps
- Sales grow 12%
Hanesbrands raised its full-year adjusted EPS guidance
Underwear maker Hanesbrands Inc has raised its full-year guidance as it revealed second-quarter earnings that beat analyst estimates.
The company posted earnings of US$154.6m, or $1.71 per share, in the three months ended 28 June. This was a 27.1% increase on profit of $121.6m in the prior year period, and beat FBR & Co analyst estimates of EPS of $1.58/$1.50.
The growth was thanks to acquisition benefits, a strong Activewear performance, and increased supply chain manufacturing efficiencies.
This resulted in an adjusted gross margin improvement of 160 basis points to 17.2%.
Sales in the quarter increased 12% to $1.34bn, boosted by the contribution of Maidenform Brands, which it acquired in October last year.
As a result, the company raised its full-year adjusted EPS guidance by $0.40 to $5.20 to $5.40, and refined its expectations for net sales for the year to around $5.07bn.
FBR & Co analyst Susan Anderson noted: "Beyond 2014, we believe that MFB/DBApparel acquisition benefits, use of free cash flow, and cotton price deflation will continue to drive shareholder value and upside. We reiterate our outperform rating for HBI and its status as our top pick."
Click here for further insight on Hanesbrand's second-quarter results.
More than 75 apparel brands and 30 software vendors are lined up to attend next week's PI Apparel event in New York, with speakers including executives from Adidas, Marc Jacobs, Donna Karan, Target, V...
Canadean's "Delta Galil Industries Ltd. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major produc...
US apparel maker Hanesbrands, owner of DBApparel and Maidenform businesses, is proposing a restructure that could see some 600 jobs cut in Europe, but has said "manufacturing is unaffected". ...
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Global supply chain trends at Sourcing at MAGIC
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Nike and Apollo create supply chain partnership
- US Q2 in brief - The Buckle, Stein Mart
- Li & Fung joins FTA in sustainable sourcing pledge
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- THE GAP, INC.: Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis