US: Hanesbrands raises guidance as Q2 earnings climb
- Q2 earnings up 27.1%
- Gross margin improves 160 bps
- Sales grow 12%
Hanesbrands raised its full-year adjusted EPS guidance
Underwear maker Hanesbrands Inc has raised its full-year guidance as it revealed second-quarter earnings that beat analyst estimates.
The company posted earnings of US$154.6m, or $1.71 per share, in the three months ended 28 June. This was a 27.1% increase on profit of $121.6m in the prior year period, and beat FBR & Co analyst estimates of EPS of $1.58/$1.50.
The growth was thanks to acquisition benefits, a strong Activewear performance, and increased supply chain manufacturing efficiencies.
This resulted in an adjusted gross margin improvement of 160 basis points to 17.2%.
Sales in the quarter increased 12% to $1.34bn, boosted by the contribution of Maidenform Brands, which it acquired in October last year.
As a result, the company raised its full-year adjusted EPS guidance by $0.40 to $5.20 to $5.40, and refined its expectations for net sales for the year to around $5.07bn.
FBR & Co analyst Susan Anderson noted: "Beyond 2014, we believe that MFB/DBApparel acquisition benefits, use of free cash flow, and cotton price deflation will continue to drive shareholder value and upside. We reiterate our outperform rating for HBI and its status as our top pick."
Click here for further insight on Hanesbrand's second-quarter results.
More than 75 apparel brands and 30 software vendors are lined up to attend next week's PI Apparel event in New York, with speakers including executives from Adidas, Marc Jacobs, Donna Karan, Target, V...
Canadean's "Delta Galil Industries Ltd. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major produc...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
- Big data helps Crystal Group sustainability gains
- Brexit and the apparel industry – what lies ahead?
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- India sets out long-overdue clothing labour reform
- Delta Galil buys VF Corp premium brands for $120m
- Brexit to halt deflation in UK clothing sector
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Nike faces domestic and future order headwinds
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts