USA: Happy Days As Shoe Carnival Profit Soars
Net income for the second quarter was up 42 per cent to $3.6 million compared with net income of $2.5 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2001. Diluted earnings per share increased 35 percent to $.27 per share from $.20 per share last year.
Net sales for the second quarter increased 9 per cent to a company record of $124.6 million from $114.0 million last year. Gross profit margin for the second quarter increased to 28.7 per cent from 28.3 per cent last year.
Comparable store sales decreased by 0.5 per cent for the 13-week period.
Mark Lemond, president and chief executive officer said the company planned "to accelerate our store expansion in the back half of this year and into next year."
Net income for the first half of 2002 was $9.2 million, an increase of 36 per cent over the $6.8 million reported last year. Net sales increased 10 per cent to $254.0 million for the first six months from sales of $231.2 million last year. Comparable store sales increased 0.4 per cent for the six-month period. Gross profit margin for the first six months of 2002 increased to 29.5 per cent from 29.1 per cent last year.
During the first half of 2002, 15 new stores were opened. An additional 10 stores will be opened in the second half of 2002 bringing the total new stores to 25 for the year. Currently, the company plans to open approximately 40 new stores in 2003.
Companies: Shoe Carnival
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Footwear retailer Shoe Carnival has reported a more than doubled fourth-quarter profit to US$3m compared to $1.2m last year....
Footwear retailer Shoe Carnival has reported its highest-ever earnings with a 46.3 per cent third-quarter income hike....
Footwear retailer Shoe Carnival has announced the promotion of Tom Vernarsky to the position of vice president and divisional merchandise manager, men's shoes....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' October sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' September sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' August sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Value footwear retailer Shoe Carnival Inc has reported a 39 per cent rise in second-quarter income on good sales of non-athletic footwear....
National footwear retailer Shoe Carnival has chosen Oracle's ProfitLogic Retail Profit Optimization Solution to increase store sales productivity and profitability....
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective