US: Hartmarx appoints sportswear president
Casual and golf apparel manufacturer Hartmarx Corporation has appointed Eric Prengel to the position of group president of HMX Sportswear.
He will begin the post on Monday (9 October), succeeding Jay Friedman, and his responsibilities include oversight and profit responsibility for the company's wholesale sportswear lines.
Prengel joins Hartmarx from Marc Ecko Enterprises, where he has held the position of senior vice president of sales and strategic planning since September 2004.
Hartmarx chairman and CEO Homi Patel said: "Eric's successful track record for driving performance, sales, and profit, combined with his experience in both the US and Canada, makes him an extremely desirable candidate for this position."
Prengel added: "I look forward to building momentum for the sportswear business and being an instrumental part in the corporation's next phase of growth and development."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Hartmarx Corp swung to a loss in its first quarter, but the company refused to deviate from its forecast of improvement later in the year, including second-quarter profitability....
Eric Jennings has joined Hickey-Freeman Co as brand director of the company's hickey collection....
Clothing maker Hartmarx reported a dive in fourth-quarter profit after shutting a plant and liquidating discontinued brands....
Apparel maker Hartmarx has reduced its earnings expectation for the recently closed financial year because of plant closing costs and the liquidation of axed brands....
Apparel maker and marketer Hartmarx said third-quarter and year-to-date earnings were down, hurt by mid-priced men's sales falls caused by consolidation in the mainstream department store sector....
Apparel maker Hartmarx has acquired the business of Sweater.com, including its 'One Girl Who . . .' brand....
Casual and golf apparel producer Hartmarx Corporation said six-month revenues increased only marginally, to US$296.8m from $289.6m in the first half of 2005, after a second quarter the company has ter...
Chinese manufacturer Xinlang Sinoer Dress Co Ltd has added three new Eton production lines to its men's suits production facility located in Zhucheng, in the Shandong province of China....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Walmart snaps up online fashion firm ModCloth
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective