UK: Harvey Nichols names Barr as fashion buying director
UK luxury fashion retailer Harvey Nichols has named former AllSaints global product merchandising director Anita Barr as its new group fashion buying director.
Barr, who will join the business at the end of March, will be responsible for women's wear, men's wear and accessories, reporting to recently-appointed chief executive Stacey Cartwright. Prior to AllSaints, Barr held senior positions in buying and merchandising at UK upscale retailers Harrods and Selfridges.
Commenting on the hire, Cartwright said Barr's "expertise and experience in this market will help strengthen our fashion leadership in the sector".
Harvey Nichols Group Limited is owned by the Hong Kong based retail magnate, Dr Dickson Poon.
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- US Q2 in brief - Burlington Stores, Destination XL
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- EU clothing imports from China continue to plunge
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory