UK: Harvey Nichols names Barr as fashion buying director
UK luxury fashion retailer Harvey Nichols has named former AllSaints global product merchandising director Anita Barr as its new group fashion buying director.
Barr, who will join the business at the end of March, will be responsible for women's wear, men's wear and accessories, reporting to recently-appointed chief executive Stacey Cartwright. Prior to AllSaints, Barr held senior positions in buying and merchandising at UK upscale retailers Harrods and Selfridges.
Commenting on the hire, Cartwright said Barr's "expertise and experience in this market will help strengthen our fashion leadership in the sector".
Harvey Nichols Group Limited is owned by the Hong Kong based retail magnate, Dr Dickson Poon.
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- Syrian refugee children found in Turkish factories
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024