UK: Harvey Nichols names Barr as fashion buying director
UK luxury fashion retailer Harvey Nichols has named former AllSaints global product merchandising director Anita Barr as its new group fashion buying director.
Barr, who will join the business at the end of March, will be responsible for women's wear, men's wear and accessories, reporting to recently-appointed chief executive Stacey Cartwright. Prior to AllSaints, Barr held senior positions in buying and merchandising at UK upscale retailers Harrods and Selfridges.
Commenting on the hire, Cartwright said Barr's "expertise and experience in this market will help strengthen our fashion leadership in the sector".
Harvey Nichols Group Limited is owned by the Hong Kong based retail magnate, Dr Dickson Poon.
- Myanmar - right time, right place, new challenges
- 3D printing gears up for fashion industry change
- Apparel working conditions linked to profit
- Cutting pollution saves China textile mills money
- Adidas worker hotline bridges communication gap
- China cotton imports to rise as Xinjiang cuts crop
- Crystal first China licensee of RevoLaze tech
- Thailand project to vertically integrate clothing
- Dick's Sporting Goods updates on strategy
- Cambodia growth to slow on competition and cost