UK: Harvey Nichols names Barr as fashion buying director
UK luxury fashion retailer Harvey Nichols has named former AllSaints global product merchandising director Anita Barr as its new group fashion buying director.
Barr, who will join the business at the end of March, will be responsible for women's wear, men's wear and accessories, reporting to recently-appointed chief executive Stacey Cartwright. Prior to AllSaints, Barr held senior positions in buying and merchandising at UK upscale retailers Harrods and Selfridges.
Commenting on the hire, Cartwright said Barr's "expertise and experience in this market will help strengthen our fashion leadership in the sector".
Harvey Nichols Group Limited is owned by the Hong Kong based retail magnate, Dr Dickson Poon.
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Tesco's H1 profit plunge: What the analysts say
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Collapsed Cambodia factory had structural issues
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre