UK: Harvey Nichols names Barr as fashion buying director
UK luxury fashion retailer Harvey Nichols has named former AllSaints global product merchandising director Anita Barr as its new group fashion buying director.
Barr, who will join the business at the end of March, will be responsible for women's wear, men's wear and accessories, reporting to recently-appointed chief executive Stacey Cartwright. Prior to AllSaints, Barr held senior positions in buying and merchandising at UK upscale retailers Harrods and Selfridges.
Commenting on the hire, Cartwright said Barr's "expertise and experience in this market will help strengthen our fashion leadership in the sector".
Harvey Nichols Group Limited is owned by the Hong Kong based retail magnate, Dr Dickson Poon.
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change