AUSTRALIA: Harvey Starts To Remodel Rebel
Harvey Norman is expected to appoint a new managing director for Rebel Sport in the second week of August 2001. Meanwhile, as reported last Friday, three shareholders have resigned from the Rebel Sport board, clearing the way for the appointment of four Harvey Norman directors.
Analysts say Harvey Norman could consider bolt-on acquisitions for Rebel Sport, with potential targets including Sportsco, Footlocker, Rowe & Jarman Sports and Athlete's Foot Australia. They also say Rebel Sport could open stores in smaller regional centres under the Harvey Norman franchise model, and increase its number of superstores nationwide from 38 to 50.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022