US: Hasbro ramps up branded apparel licenses
Toy maker Hasbro is rolling out its largest ever apparel line-up this year after signing more than 165 licensees worldwide for brands including Transformers, GI Joe, Littlest Pet Shop, Nerf, My Little Pony, Tonka and Monopoly.
More than 20 Hasbro brands will adorn apparel items including T-shirts, outerwear, sleepwear, footwear, babywear, underwear and loungewear at price points from under $10 to $80.
The first major wave of Hasbro-branded apparel products is due to hit retail shelves later this month in conjunction with the movie release of Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen.
This will be followed by GI Joe: The Rise Of Cobra in August.
"We're working with highly creative apparel companies that have designed some amazing Hasbro-branded graphic and vintage tees that will appeal to both fashion- and value-conscious consumers," said Mary Lasell, director of Soft Goods Licensing at Hasbro.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The timing of Marks and Spencer's announcement that Morrisons CEO Marc Bolland will succeed Sir Stuart Rose at the helm of the company may have raised eyebrows in the City, coming as it does the day b...
Western apparel brands and retailers with an eye on sustainability are rolling out initiatives to recycle unwanted clothing instead of sending it to landfill. But while such actions from the likes of ...
US luxury retailer Nordstrom has managed to return to healthy profit growth during the third quarter, and said it boosted sales by better connecting with its shoppers....
US retailers posted a mixed bag of results on Thursday (5 November), despite October same-store sales putting in their best monthly performance in more than a year....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style. Click on each headline for the full story....
US luxury retailer Nordstrom reported net earnings of US$83m for the third quarter ended 31 October 2009, improved from $71m in the prior year period....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' October 2009 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
US luxury retailer Nordstrom has introduced international shopping online and will now ship to 30 countries outside the US....
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar