USA: Hasmark Buy Gives Scanvec Complete CAD/CAM System
Scanvec Garment Systems (SGS), a subsidiary of Scanvec Amiable, has purchased certain assets of Hasmark Inc, manufacturers of the OptiJet, a multi-nozzle inkjet plotter. As one of the main software providers for the garment industry, SGS is now positioned to offer a complete CAD solution that meets the demands of today's market. This purchase will enable SGS to market the OptiJet plotter together with its own Optitex Software as a complete software and hardware solution for the garment industry. The OptiJet plotter's many features include a patent pending single drive motor, continuous high resolution ink printing, higher than average speed, an easy to fill ink jet reservoir and easy to load paper path. In addition to its low ink usage, the OptiJet is energy efficient and requires less than 75 watts of power to operate, while typical plotters on the market require 1000 watts. Another cost saving feature of this plotter is the ability to upgrade speed as production demands increase. OptiJet provides the customer the opportunity to upgrade the plotter's speed at low cost. The OptiJet printer will be featured at Bobbin Americas 2000, held this week (September 13-15) at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, where exhibitors will feature various products and services targeting the sewn products industry, including cutting machinery and CAD/CAM software. In addition, SGS will debut version 8.0 of their Optitex software along with their newest made-to-measure software, Modulate. Modulate is a new concept in custom-fit software and is based on parametric values instead of graded pattern pieces.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020