US: Hayne replaces Senk as Urban Outfitters CEO
Urban Outfitters co-founder, chairman and president Richard Hayne is now also the company’s CEO following the resignation of Glen Senk on Monday (9 January).
Senk, who joined the US speciality retailer in 1994 as president of its Anthropologie brand, has been CEO since 2007. Urban Outfitters said he was leaving “to pursue another opportunity”, but would remain with the company to help manage the transition.
Hayne co-founded Urban Outfitters – owner of Anthropologie, Free People, BHLDN, Terrain and Urban Outfitters – in 1970 and has been chairman and president since the company was incorporated in 1976.
He said: “Glen joined the company nearly 18 years ago when the Anthropologie business was a single-store prototype.
“We are forever grateful for his passion, creativity and leadership in building the Anthropologie brand to what it is today. We are also thankful for his countless contributions having served as the URBN CEO since 2007.”
Retailer Urban Outfitters Inc has posed a 12% drop in first-quarter profit after the cost of opening new stories and higher markdowns on a few women's apparel lines offset a rise in sales....
A controversial T-shirt that appeared on the Urban Outfitters' website was an early prototype and should not have been displayed, Danish clothing firm Wood Wood has told The Anti-Defamation League (AD...
The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) has described a T-shirt associated with the yellow Star of David symbol, made by teen fashion retailer Urban Outfitters, as a new low....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies