US: Hayne replaces Senk as Urban Outfitters CEO
Urban Outfitters co-founder, chairman and president Richard Hayne is now also the company’s CEO following the resignation of Glen Senk on Monday (9 January).
Senk, who joined the US speciality retailer in 1994 as president of its Anthropologie brand, has been CEO since 2007. Urban Outfitters said he was leaving “to pursue another opportunity”, but would remain with the company to help manage the transition.
Hayne co-founded Urban Outfitters – owner of Anthropologie, Free People, BHLDN, Terrain and Urban Outfitters – in 1970 and has been chairman and president since the company was incorporated in 1976.
He said: “Glen joined the company nearly 18 years ago when the Anthropologie business was a single-store prototype.
“We are forever grateful for his passion, creativity and leadership in building the Anthropologie brand to what it is today. We are also thankful for his countless contributions having served as the URBN CEO since 2007.”
Retailer Urban Outfitters Inc has posed a 12% drop in first-quarter profit after the cost of opening new stories and higher markdowns on a few women's apparel lines offset a rise in sales....
A controversial T-shirt that appeared on the Urban Outfitters' website was an early prototype and should not have been displayed, Danish clothing firm Wood Wood has told The Anti-Defamation League (AD...
The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) has described a T-shirt associated with the yellow Star of David symbol, made by teen fashion retailer Urban Outfitters, as a new low....
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Hanesbrands praises supply chain efficiency
- Source Summit 2014: Quote/unquote
- Wal-Mart US chief resignation little surprise
- Under Armour "bullish" in full-year guidance rise
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- Accord still struggling to engage industry bodies
- Macy’s increases sustainability efforts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges