ITALY: HDP Pressured To Sell Valentino But Price High
Holding di Partecipazioni Industriali SpA is facing shareholder pressure to sell Rome-based fashion house Valentino but the asking price of ITL700bn-ITL800bn is too high, said a source close to the company. HDP, the Italian fashion and publishing holding company, has held talks with both textile and clothing giant Marzotto (I.GMF)and luxury-goods label Gucci Group NV (GUC) about selling Valentino, the source told Dow Jones Newswires.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"