US: Heather Reisman joining J Crew board
Heather Reisman, chief executive officer of Indigo Books & Music, has been elected to the board of directors of J Crew Group, effective 15 May.
Reisman will take the seat previously occupied by Richard Boyce, who will step down to focus on his responsibilities as senior operating partner of Texas Pacific Group, which took J Crew private in 1997, the same year that Boyce became a J Crew director. He served as CEO of J Crew at points between 1997 and 1999.
Reisman founded Indigo, believed to be Canada's largest book and music retailer, in 1996. Previously she was president of Cott Corp, the beverage supplier, and co-founder of Paradigm Consulting, described as a strategy and change management consulting firm.
Millard Drexler, J Crew's CEO, said Reisman "combines the 'get it' factor along with disciplined management ability."
By Arnold J Karr.
A renewed focus on the design and quality of its collections boosted sales and margins and helped J Crew Group Inc swing to a second quarter profit....
Retailer The Talbots has appointed Liz Claiborne's former president, Trudy Sullivan, as the company's new president and CEO....
Christian Arkins has joined the Bobby Jones division of Hickey Freeman Co as men's wear director of design....
J Crew Group generated double-digit increases in net and same-store sales and surpassed all expectations for its first quarter performance....
J Crew Group moved to a profit from a loss in the fourth quarter and projected earnings growth of at least 20% for the current year....
The former chief executive of Tommy Hilfiger and Lands' End is joining the board of directors of Chico's FAS....
Packaged foods to fashion conglomerate ITC Limited has become what is thought to be the first Indian apparel company to adopt enterprise Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software....
Jay Margolis, president of Limited Brands' Apparel Group, will take over management of the Express division on an interim basis following the departures of Paul Raffin and Meade Rudasill, who shared t...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020