US: Heelys names Craig Storey as new COO/CFO
Wheeled shoe maker Heelys Inc has named Craig D Storey as its new chief operating officer and chief financial officer, with immediate effect.
He will manage all financial, legal, IT and operational aspects of Heelys' business - including a focus on continuing the company's drive to become more innovative and efficient as well as extending its reach across Europe, Asia and Latin America.
Storey was, most recently, CEO/CFO for Colorado based Sprig Toys. Prior to that he was with Radica Games, a Hong Kong based toy and gaming company with offices in Dallas, which is now part of Mattel, for 12 years.
"Craig brings a wealth of relevant target, channel and business experience to Heelys," said CEO Tom Hansen.
"He's managed extensive operations, dealt with retailers, and has experience in licensing, acquisitions and logistics.
"He has also lived and worked in Hong Kong for three years and has first-hand knowledge of a part of the world that is critical to Heelys growth and profitability."
Heelys makes action sports-inspired products for the youth market, with its main footwear product incorporating a removable wheel in the heel.
Wheeled footwear company Heelys narrowed its third quarter loss, but saw sales slump again as international demand diminished....
Heeling Sports, parent company of wheeled footwear maker Heelys, has hired Japan-Asia Strategies and its principal Thomas Seymour, in a step to develop its business in the Asia Pacific Region. ...
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020