BELGIUM: Heelys opens new European HQ
A new Brussels-based office is the new European Headquarters of Heeling Sports EMEA, the regional affiliate of footwear specialist Heelys.
Heelys said the new office, which serves Europe, the Middle East and Africa, will set provisions for supporting Heelys' distributors.
The business, which has already begun operations, will also evaluate the region's distribution strategy and investment.
John O'Neil, vice president of International, leads an initial team of five full-time staff and will manage the business out of the EMEA office.
He is joined by finance and operations director Bertrand Grimmonpré. "By expanding our European presence, Heelys can invest in staff and offer increased support of the current distributors in the region, and evaluate future co-operative investments," said Heelys interim CEO Ralph Parks.
"Heeling Sports EMEA will enable the company to grow more aggressively and effectively in Europe."
O'Neil joined Heelys in July 2006 and has more than 24 years' experience in sports footwear. Grimmonpré, meanwhile, has extensive experience in finance and operations.
From stock market darling to Nasdaq basket case, the fall of Crocs Inc has been dramatic and swift. With US sales plummeting and international revenues coming in short of expectations, the footwear co...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
Footwear company Skechers USA has expressed its disappointment that Heelys has rejected the company's US$142.8m takeover bid....
Heelys has rejected a US$143m takeover bid from rival footwear company Skechers USA, claiming it was not in the best interests of shareholders....
Skechers USA has made a US$142.8m public bid to buy rival footwear operator Heelys after private negotiations between the two companies broke down....
Wheeled shoe maker Heelys Inc has swung to a second quarter loss as sales tumbled 75%, but said it is "pleased with the progress we are making towards improving our business."...
Wheeled footwear company Heelys is launching three new styles, including a model with glow-in-the-dark features and three new color combinations of its most popular models....
Wheeled footwear maker Heelys has appointed Lisa K Peterson as senior vice president and chief financial officer, and named John Benton Price vice president of product....
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020