US: Heelys posts Q3 net loss of US$1.1m
- Q3 net loss of US$1.1m
- Net sales $10.8m
- "Adversely impacted by the tough economy"
Wheeled footwear firm Heelys has swung to a third quarter loss, as sales more than halved in the period.
The company reported a net loss of US$1.1m in the third quarter of the year, compared to income of $0.8m in Q3 2008.
Net sales for the third quarter of 2009 were $10.8m, compared to $23.8m in the corresponding period a year ago.
Selling, general and administrative expenses, excluding litigation settlements and related costs, were $3.6m compared to $6.6m in the same period last year.
Tom Hansen, chief executive officer of Heelys, said: "Like our retail partners, our business continues to be adversely impacted by the tough economy and the holiday season remains a major question mark.
"However, we have made significant reductions in inventory and continue to scrub every aspect of our business to find more operating efficiencies and reduce costs in every possible way. And we are working diligently to rebuild the brand and increase visibility as well as implementing several new product development initiatives."
Click here to view the company's full third quarter earnings statement.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Wheeled footwear firm Heelys has announced a new sourcing agreement with TGB, a subsidiary of Anthony L & S....
Footwear specialist Heelys has moved to "significantly reduce" the number of SKUs it sells through retail channels after posting another loss in the last quarter of 2009....
Wheeled footwear seller Heelys has made several staff changes as part of a 2010 business plan....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022