NEW ZEALAND: Hellaby Buys Number 1 Shoe Warehouse
Investment company Hellaby Holdings has agreed to acquire value footwear retailer Number 1 Shoe Warehouse for NZD22 million.
Hellaby, which owns the Hannahs and Hush Puppy chains, will purchase an 80 per cent stake in the business on 1 July, and the rest on 31 August 2007.
Number 1, which has 29 stores, plans to grow its store chain to 40 stores in the next three years, as well as upgrading its smaller retail locations.
Hellaby will operate Number 1 as a separate business, and said it will not make any changes to management or staff.
Number 1's managing director Gerard Peterson will continue running the company for the next two years minimum, and will stay on as director and a consultant for at least the coming four years.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- US Q4 in brief – Macy's, Walmart, VF Corp
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar