INDIA: Hellmann provides fashion logistics service for Lakeland
Hellmann Worldwide Logistics UK has signed a fashion logistics contract with Ambleside-based retailer Lakeland to transport its clothing and accessories products from India to the UK.
Hellmann and Lakeland have devised a contract that would remain flexible, as the number and nature of consignments are subject to seasonal changes, with volumes often tripling at peak times. It encompasses both sea and airfreight. Lakeland previously worked with Hellmann domestically.
Hellmann has 14 offices in India and ten premises in the UK. All goods are delivered directly from Hellmann's office in Kolkata, in India, to Lakeland's HQ in Ambleside.
By Stuart Todd.
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- just-style Sourcing Survey – share your thoughts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack