INDIA: Hellmann provides fashion logistics service for Lakeland
Hellmann Worldwide Logistics UK has signed a fashion logistics contract with Ambleside-based retailer Lakeland to transport its clothing and accessories products from India to the UK.
Hellmann and Lakeland have devised a contract that would remain flexible, as the number and nature of consignments are subject to seasonal changes, with volumes often tripling at peak times. It encompasses both sea and airfreight. Lakeland previously worked with Hellmann domestically.
Hellmann has 14 offices in India and ten premises in the UK. All goods are delivered directly from Hellmann's office in Kolkata, in India, to Lakeland's HQ in Ambleside.
By Stuart Todd.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar