US: Herff Jones orders fourth Eton production line
Graduation wear firm Herff Jones has ordered a fourth production line from Eton Systems at its Arcola, Illinois plant.
The new Eton line is part of a major factory expansion expected to be completed in January 2007.
In addition to increasing its Eton implementation to a total of 86 workstations, the company is midway through the addition of 70,000 sq ft. of new floor space to the existing 100,000-sq-ft facility.
"We are expanding to meet both current and anticipated growth", said Terry Hayden, plant manager at Arcola.
"This addition is part of our 15-year strategic growth plan. We continue to invest in Eton as we constantly work to maximise efficiency, minimise costs, and improve quality. With our prior Eton implementations, we had full production within one week and have increased efficiencies by more than 20% on average."
Eton Systems is the innovator and world's leading supplier of the Unit Production System (UPS), the productivity and management system developed specifically for use in the sewn-products industries.
UPS automates material flow through the production process and minimises material handling for each operation throughout the manufacturing process.
Eton Systems, which supplies unit production systems to the apparel industry, has appointed Mr Per Bringle to the position of North American area manager....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022