USA: Hermès To Open Exclusive Flagship Store In NYC
French fashion house Hermès is to open its flagship store in New York City next month.The outlet, comprising five floors and about 20,200 sq ft, promises to be different from its sister stores already trading in the US by aiming for a more elite and contemporary image.Hermès already runs a boutique and 15 free-standing stores in the US, but company executives have said that the flagship store will be "second to none."The Madison Avenue based store was designed by Rena Dumas' architectural firm RDAI, in collaboration with local architects Beyer, Blinder & Belle and will optimise its exclusivity by turning its fifth floor into an exhibition space for artists to display their work.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- 3D CAD comes of age
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack